Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Giddy with pride!

About five weeks ago I asked for help, and Coal Powered Puppet lent a hand. He gave me the CSS and HTML code for the following: After about 5 weeks, and many...many hours. I got a damn near complete draft of a Cortex Classic character sheet. (I dont know how to do tabs, so its a bit long, so I cut a lot out of the middle of the pic) One of the macros for the Specialties is pretty nasty. [[d([[{(@{skill_1a-x}d1-([[{(2*?{Down Step?|0})*d1,d0}kl1]])-[[ [[{(2*?{Down Step?})d1-@{skill_1a-y}d1 , 0d1}kh1]]d1]]),12d1cf99cs99}kl1 ]]) + d([[ [[ [[@{skill_1a-y}]]-([[({(2*?{Down Step?}*1d1+(12-@{skill_1a-x})*1d1),d0}kl1)]])-[[2*{?{Down Step?}*d1,d0}kh1]] ]] ]])cs=[[({@{skill_1a-y}d1-([[(2*?{Down Step?|0})]])-(12-@{skill_1a-x}),d1}kh1)]] + {d(2*([[?{Plot Points|0}-[[(floor((?{Plot Points}-1)/6))*(?{Plot Points}-6)]]]])),[[?{Plot Points}-[[(floor((?{Plot Points}-1)/6))*(?{Plot Points}-6)]]]]d1cf99cs99}kh1 + {d(2*([[?{Plot Points|0}-6]])),[[?{Plot Points}-6]]d1cf99cs99}kh1 ]] Which just kicks out a simple dice roll of 2 dice... That one took me many hours. There are a few things here and there I need to touch up on. But its almost there! The many hours spent on this (I didn't know anything about CSS before, and bare minimum of HTML), I have grown a very large apperciation for those of you who kick out some gorgeous and functioning character sheets. So thank you!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Congrats Jake. Now you can start taking suggestions from the community. :-) Good job.

Edited 1435310844
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Congrats. Take a breath and pride in what you've accomplished. Then, when you're ready to tackle tabs give it a go...they sound daunting, but aren't really difficult and I have some code I'm happy to share (which I stole from others). :)
Now comes the fun part...getting it onto Github. It looks good. And its a requeted system, no less.
For tabs, where should I begin? I should probably cut open a few tabbed character sheets and see if I can figure it out. From my understanding at what i've glanced at, basically I need some type of radial buttons that set what 'tab' it is on.
Tabs are easy; just steal from Brian. He shows tabs in the Css Wizardry Thread. Matter of fact, steal a lot from Brian; that will make lots of things easy.