<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/27062/burning-wheel-shards-of-the-worldstone" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/27062/burning-wheel-shards-of-the-worldstone</a> *edit* Oh yea, I am available all nights except Mondays to run this so the time is negotiable. Greetings adventurers! This is a low-fantasy, roleplay-heavy game for Burning Wheel! As far as the style of play, expect to use your wits a lot more than your character sheet. Clever ideas and preparation tend to go a long ways in my games. Try to think of the game as leaning more towards a cinematic experience than an exercise in statistics. As far as playing your character goes, I would like you guys to be 'placing yourself in your characters shoes' as much as possible. Try to think first what your character would do in a given situation before you think what a dragon-slaying badass who crits on 15-20 would do. Finally, rather than a 'Go here. Do this.' campaign, I will try to give you a general goal, and it will be up to you guys to work within the constraints of the game world to determine how to realize your plans. Basically a sandbox with a few guidelines. Anyways here's a blurb about the history of the world - presented to you in the same context your character would have, a song/poem thing! The last few rays of the setting sun illuminate the interior of a crowded tavern. News of a wandering minstrel has drawn villagers from miles around hoping to unwind with a pint and a song. A man in a green tunic trimmed in gold recites a familiar story, finishing each verse with a playful string of chords from the glimmering harp at his side. Harken now, lend your ears, I tell a tale for all the years There once was no land, no ale, no chicken! Great Ral saw all his heart was stricken! Into his hand, his staff he took. To study he went, and brought his great book. He toiled and toiled, and toiled some more. Cautious he was, he'd not done this before. But what should he make? A cow? A barn? Perfection - he thought, but the book did forewarn. He scoffed at the book, He was Ral afterall, No power there was, that he could not call He summoned his power he gathered it all, great sources of power, gave heed to his call Weaving tendrils of power, he cast his great spell, giving birth to Alterra, this land we know well He smiled at his work, the beauty and light, but as he was warned not all could be right Enter Varragas, Champion of Ral, Firstborn of Alterra, First child to fall Begotten of pride, to fate was he bound, to challenge his maker, to yearn for his crown Varragas did scheme, and plans did he plot. He surrounded himself with a dastardly lot. But Ral could not see, the betrayal he planned, too enamored was he, with the work of his hand So one perfect day, on one perfect world, Varragas rose up, his designs he unfurled A great battle was waged the earth did it shake. Unprepared was Great Ral for the tricks of The Snake The outlook was grim his child had strayed Great Ral had no option but to make all - unmade He took up his staff, and struck a great blow A sound that would sunder all that we know. Victory, however, comes at a price Unfortunate Ral, his debt was called thrice The world was split, cloth riven three. Varragas banished for eternity. Alterra was severed, and created the Rift, two new lands untravelled through time did they shift The Fey, land of magic, great tales of old. The first of the worlds slipped from Ral's hold The void and the dark Varragas' tomb Evil and madness, Nightmares cold womb Shattered and broken, Ral's essence was split, leaving only a trace, so as not to forget He left us The Worldstone, Ral'gosu, Dunvar. Protection from darkness, Defense from afar. The story is tragic, my friends can you see, this world a product of pride and folly. A shadow of glory, of what we could be. Let us never forget this one memory A lesson for all let it be told limits are limits no matter how bold. Despite all Ral's folly perfection remained Wheat still ferments! Let all mugs be drained!