Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Question] Repeating Fields

Is it possible to calculate derived attributes from Repeating Fields. Mountaineering is a repeatable ability - Base Chance 20 is correct but I am unsure why the + is displayed. <fieldset class="repeating_skills"> <table style="width:100%"> <tr> <td style="width:28%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_ability_name" value="Ability"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_ability_formula" value="Ability" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_ability_total" value="20" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr__ability_rank" value="0" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_ability_base_chance" value="@{ability_total}+@{ability_rank }" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:4%"><button type='roll' value="" name="roll_ability_check"/></td> </tr> </table> </fieldset> a further example Russian is a repeatable Language - Base Chance displays at 7+ but should be 22 (7+15) <fieldset class="repeating_skills"> <table style="width:100%"> <tr> <td style="width:28%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_language_name" value="Language Name"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_language_formula" value="INT" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_language_total" value="@{int}" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr__language_rank" value="0"/></td> <td style="width:17%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_language_base_chance" value="@{language_total}+@{language_r ank}" disabled="true"/></td> <td style="width:4%"><button type='roll' value="" name="roll_language_check"/></td> </tr> </table> </fieldset> Many Thanks for any help.
Alicia
Sheet Author
I'm on my phone so could be seeing something that's not there but it looks like there's 2 underscores after attr for ranks which may be part of the issue.
Alicia G said: I'm on my phone so could be seeing something that's not there but it looks like there's 2 underscores after attr for ranks which may be part of the issue. That was the issue. All is now working. Many Thanks
Alicia
Sheet Author
Glad could get that fixed for you. If you use chrome I've discovered pulling up the console when I'm debugging the sheet helps with troubleshooting.. Ctrl+shift+j brings it up. Especially useful when you get into the roll templates.
I'm just gonna leave this here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/official" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/official</a>...
Alicia G said: Glad could get that fixed for you. If you use chrome I've discovered pulling up the console when I'm debugging the sheet helps with troubleshooting.. Ctrl+shift+j brings it up. Especially useful when you get into the roll templates. Thanks for the advice. Roll templates are next on my agenda.