Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D6 Wild Dice api script error

I was looking at the D6 wild dice script, and it's intermittently throwing up some errors for me. It seems to be when I roll 1d6, but I haven't extensively tested it. I ran a couple rolls with various numbers of dice and pips without problems, but then when I tried one with just 1d6, it threw up an error and crashed the script. I restarted and did several 1d6 rolls, to see if I could get it to repeat and it did. Here's the error message along with the output console:
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Interesting. I'll get that fixed shortly, still traveling for the weekend...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Fixed! =D I added a help screen as well. GIT: <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/WildDice/WildDice.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/WildDice/WildDice.js</a>
No errors with the 1 dice now, but this happened (this may be intentional). It looks like it's still adding all of the dice together, even with a 1 on the Wild Die. I realize people handle this differently - some drop the highest die, some drop the 1 and the highest die, some people just keep the number but make "something bad" happen, at the discretion of the GM. Are you intending for the total to still say 18 when the Wild Die rolls a 1? If so, is there a way to configure this differently? (I personally drop the 1 and the highest number, but I might like the flexibility of being able to configure how 1s are handled).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There isn't configuration currently, I just implemented it the way the last guy did it. If you want to spell out the different options, I can setup configuration in the help for whichever method anyone would like. =D I've never played a game that uses this and don't even know what the system is, just what peeps asked for. =D
Ok, I've heard of 3 basic ways of handling the Wild Die when it rolls a 1: 1. Just add up the rolls. A "1" just indicates a potential negative event - it could be something humorous, or serious, depending on the GM's decision, but the number stays the same. (Looks like basically the way it is set up now. 2. Drop the highest roll. 3. Drop the 1 AND the highest roll. All these could display the same way, just the total number displayed would be different. Options (2) and (3) could cause some issues when you're only rolling 1 or 2 dice, but I'm sure you know ways around that.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds simple enough, I'll try to get that added soon. =D