Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable tables with numbers at start of item name are bugged...

A rollable table with the following entries will only show the numbers up to the first non-number entity. Table Name: Temperature Range Item Name: 5º / 40º Item Name: 10º / 50º Item Name: 15º / 60º [[ 1t[Temperature Range] ]] shows up as... 5 10 15
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
From: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta</a>... If you are creating custom dice which have numeric values, enter a number into the name field. Otherwise you can enter any text you want. It's not ideal, but if the item begins with a number, it will use just the number to allow you to use them in dice equations. If you preface your item name with a non-number(You might be able to use just a space.), it should show up as text.
I know, but the current behavior is a bug. If I enter 5º / 40º I expect it to have that as the entirety of the result. The regex or whatever that looks at the item name of a table is ignoring all non-numeric characters if the item name starts with a number. An ideal solution would make numeric values by themselves or numeric values preceded or succeeded by anything non-numeric or numeric in single square brackets as a numerical value that can be used in formula. Like the [Label] or [Comment] in an inline die roll.

Edited 1436001130
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I suspect the system is simply doing something to the effect of parseInt(item.get('name')) || item.get('name') Thus, if the table item name begins with a number, it'll get parsed as that number. Otherwise, it'll be a string. This lets the system sum multiple rolls on a table with numeric values, while still presenting fully textual results as something readable.
As Aaron said, it is working as built though in might not be ideal in your case. It's not a good solution but you could put the ranges as the icon if you made them in a picture. Sorry about that.

Edited 1436201752
No, it is not working. Just because an item name starts with a number does not mean it is intended that the whole item name be a number. If I put in 5 orcs... it should output 5 orcs, not 5. This is a bug with how the parser or regex is looking at the item name of rollable tables.