Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Open page to specific location

Is there an easy way to have the player's page open up to a specific location? I have a large map of the island the players are exploring blacked out with Dynamic Lighting, and then I'm placing markers on the map with light as they explore different locations. The problem is they've started in the center of the map, and when they log in, they only see black, and have to scroll around to try to find the area where they're located. It's not a large problem, but it would be nice to be able to choose the area upon which the map centers when the page opens up. Does anyone know a way to do this?

Edited 1436343261
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Unfortunately the best work-around is to shift-ping the map, as GM, to bring them over to your view of the center. Labeling the top and side of the map and telling them to aim for CF-72 (for example) is another workaround and lends itself to labeling the various rooms they find. There may be some API options available, from scriptologists and scriptomancers swinging through later ^_^
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The only option in the API is sendPing(), which does pretty much the same thing (though by all reports its a bit buggy, I've not actually tried it.) The API could be used to automatically label the edges of the map, Battleship style...
Gold
Forum Champion
I use the Shift-Ping method too. The only drawback is the GM has to first find the place you want to ping the players to. So the GM has to do the scrolling around to find the spot, but it saves the Players from scrolling around the darkness.
Same here, I use a splash page and don't move the players to the page with the adventure until the adventure. Then I shift-ping to focus their browser to the proper location.