Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character Sheet Alert System

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The problem : Character Sheet Authors do not know who/how many campaigns are using their character sheet and as we modify things and find better ways of implement changing, sometimes those changes will "break" existing character sheets. As authors we know how big of an impact it is on us, but not on anyone else, nor do we know how many others will be impacted. The request : Have a system whereby Character Sheet Authors can: Notify users of that sheet of a change, and a way for sheet authors to get input/feedback on changes. My Thoughts on how this could be accomplished : Sheet authors could have a place to create a system notification of sorts that would send a PM to any GM with a game using the selected character sheet. Ideally, each Sheet Author should only have the ability to send a message for sheets for which s/he is the author. This way, if a change is going to break parts of existing characters, a heads can be given. I propose this, because while the forums are great, I really don't have any idea how many people read the character sheet forums besides the authors AND it's easy to miss messages in the forums (I see many people asking the same questions to authors over and over again, partly because messages are missed). A mechanism whereby sheet users can vote on proposed changes to a character sheet. This could be done via the Wiki or the forums or some other method, but it would be nice to have a way for users to let their voices be heard and so the author can get a feel for how big of an impact a change may have overall. To accomplish this today, I try to use the Talk: pages for my character sheet, but it seems like very few people reference the wiki.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .