Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player Specific Text in Handouts

Edited 1437079655
Be warned, I type like a pirate. Tis fun Also, before postin' this here topic I did try and see if'n thar was already somethin' similar posted. If'n someone already did post somethin' along these lines, I failed ta' see it I have a suggestion fer thin's like handouts and th' like. Have th' ability ta' make specific sections o' text in a handout visible ta' individual playa's only. So ye could have a handout that contains a bunch o' infermation, but each playa' could only see a specific piece o' it. That way ye could make a handout that includes text that be specific ta' each playa' wit'out havin' all th' text visible ta' all playa's. From what I can tell, if'n ya want ta' do somethin' like this ya have ta' make multiple handouts each set ta' be view-able by specific playa's containin' th' playa' specific sections o' text So ye could make a handout that represents a magical tome er somethin' that tells each playa' somethin' different wit'out havin' ta' make multiple diffarent handouts set fer each individual playa' that would contain th' playa' specific information Something like this perhaps? [Visible = Player(s)]**TEXT**[/Visible]. Th' TEXT would only be visible ta' those playa's listed It could be somethin' similar ta' hyperlinking, except linked ta' one o' th' playa's in th' campaign Below be th' above text in right propa' English fer those o' ye who I know would complain 'bout th' way I prefa' ta' type Before posting this topic I did try and see if there was already something similar posted. If someone already did post something along these lines, I failed to see it I have a suggestion for things like handouts and the like. Have the ability to make specific sections of text in a handout visible to individual players only. So you could have a handout that contains a bunch of information, but each player could only see a specific piece of it. That way you could make a handout that includes text that is specific to each player without having all the text visible to all players. From what I can tell if you want to do something like this you have to make multiple handouts each set to be view-able by specific players containing the player specific sections of text So you could make a handout that represents a magical tome or something that tells each player something different without having to make multiple different handouts set for each individual player that would contain the player specific information Something like this perhaps? [Visible = Player(s)]**TEXT**[/Visible]. The TEXT would only be visible to those players listed It could be something similar to hyperlinking, except linked to one of the players in the campaign
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .