Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros from hidden character sheets

Is it possible for my players to somehow add things to their macro bar without see the character sheet they have. Since one the games I'm going to run the players don't fully know their stats and abilities. The token action bar is getting pretty full.

Edited 1437690456
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
There are two places where macros can be added to the token action bar. The first is from a journal's character journal, the second is from your My Settings sidebar.   Any and all macros a user makes via the sidebar can be made to show on the token action bar of tokens they control. The differences are outlined here , in a tutorial I'm slowly working on. If you need more information, just holler and we'll see how we can help you :)

Edited 1437691270
If you know what the sheet attributes will be ahead of time, you as the GM, can create macros that work off of those attributes and provide them to your players.  Assuming, of course, that you can even refer to a Journal's attributes that you don't have control of... I've never considered where that would actually be a thing :)  It Shouuuuuld work though. You can create macros using their Attributes instead of raw values. ( [[1d20 + @{JournalName|AttributeName}]]   instead of just [[1d20+5]] ), but as soon as they roll anything they can mouse over the result to see what their bonus' are.  Additionally, they could just use "/talktomyself" and hit all the buttons to see them ahead of time. The only way, outside of the API (which if you say three times in a forum post will cause the demon, The Aaron, to appear),   for you to give your players macros where the bonus' are hidden from them, would be to give them raw dice Macros and you, as the GM who has access to their sheets, mentally add their bonus' to it on the fly.  Either that our you roll FOR them, which is rarely a good idea.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Mark G. said:   (which if you say three times in a forum post will cause the demon, The Aaron, to appear) (Doesn't always take 3 times... =D) You could put all the rolls in nested inline rolls: initiative: [[ [[1d20 + @{sheet|initbonus}]] &tracker ]] If they roll it enough times, they might infer the bonus, but it would only ever show as a number to them in the hover.