Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Yu-gi-oh RPG

So I was wondering if any one was interested in playing an yu-gi-oh based rpg. It would play like this; On roll20 it be the role playing part of the game but when it comes to a duel the players would go to one of the online dueling sites and play there. So anyone interested in getting this off the ground?
Sounds interesting enough. Count me in with whatever generation is allowed
sounds like a cool idea id be up for it if i can make it
I was actually talking about possibly GMing something like this month or so ago to a friend and I wrote up some minor notes on it but never really acted on it. Let me know how this works out though I'm interested. :D
love yugioh. definitly would like to try it out.
love yugioh. definitly would like to try it out.
So we got interest here! Now that we have that time to move on to other things. In terms of the rules we will go up to synchro and xyz summons. The last thing is a place to duel and story. 
So I put a game up in looking for group if ya want to check that out.
I know of a system that would allow this easily. It would require everyone to download a system called Byond. In the hub-listing, it has a game called Duel Monsters Genesis, that you're allowed to create your own server for, and if needed put a password on. It's quite easy to duel from there. Once you have Byond and your server, it's a matter of creating your deck and learning how to duel. Having done this before, i could help and teach you the Byond DMG systems, should you go with this platform. But for the sake of dueling alone, if you could find a browser-based yugioh platform, that would be more efficient.
ah darn would join but the time is 6hrs off of when i am avablie
Hey guys. If you're looking for something easy to use for the dueling portion of your game, let me suggest lackey ccg. It is very easy to create private rooms and all you'll need to do is download the application, and the plugin. It is safe to use and you wont need to sign up for anything. I use it to play pokemon and Magic. It has many card games besides yu gi oh. You can use it to build a deck from any of the sets. <a href="http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html" rel="nofollow">http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html</a>
you guys could always use dueling network or ygo pro those two would work as well (ygo is a download)
I'd be interested to know what kind of rules you come up with for the game. Like, is it just regular duels with a story attached, or would the rules be modified for an rpg setting? Would you fight randomly spawned monsters? Would players decks have to be made beginner level so they could add new cards as they levelled up? Would monsters have hit points, and if so, would that mean there could be boss monsters? And if there are &nbsp;boss monsters, how would they combat cards like Mirror Force?&nbsp;Obviously the best part of making this type of game is the fact that all the source material already exists and is easy to make a story of. Still, I'd like to know what comes of it.