Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Status Markers token only?

Is there a way to make status markers part of the character rather than the token? That way, if I have a blue marker on a PC's token, and we move maps, and I drag the PC from the Journal onto the VTT, it will have the blue circle. I did some googling, and didn't find anything.  So I'm guessing not.  But I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Nope. Not without copy/pasting from the old map to the new map or through use of the API.
TY for the confirmation.
If it's something you always want on the token (or if you like doing extra work every time you change pages, although this question suggests the opposite), you can set the token up as the default token for the character. A script could conceivably synch status markers across all tokens representing a character.  I don't know that there exists such a script ( Conditions will apply the relevant status icons to all tokens representing a character at the time the status is applied, but it doesn't -- yet -- apply icons to tokens created after the status is applied).
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
You can set up status markers to be part of the default token , as manveti says.  Whatever state the token is in, when you set up to be the Default Token, it will be in that state when you re-drag it to the map.
GenKitty said: You can set up status markers to be part of the default token , as manveti says.  Whatever state the token is in, when you set up to be the Default Token, it will be in that state when you re-drag it to the map. Yeah, I found that out the hard way. It does make me wonder if there could be a script that selects the token of a PC (as determined by a tag), removes the default token, then re-adds it, thus doing what I want. I doubt it.  There have been too many things I thought I should be able to do and found out I was unable even though the functions already exist--they're just not available through the API.