Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Design Updates + Bugfixes 7/24

Edited 1438028728
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
We've been hard at work for the last few days bringing you the new Interface Initiative update. Part of that process has been listening to community feedback about the new design and continuing to tweak it to get the best final result possible.&nbsp; If you want to know what we've done for the last two days, you can find those previous threads here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2219753/new-desi" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2219753/new-desi</a>... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2215323/new-desi" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2215323/new-desi</a>... On to today's goodies! (Sidenote: There won't be a new thread until Monday, as we do try to take some time off on the weekends :-) Design Changes Updated the Marketplace browse page so that the images for the sets aren't loaded in until you click the "Show More" button, cutting down on the bandwidth used when visiting that page. Added pagination to Private Message inboxes. If you had a lot of PMs (hundreds or more) previously and you were getting a 504 error while loading your inbox this should fix that problem as well. Added toggle so that you can view your Archived PMs. Changed the home page to allow the full title of a game to display rather than truncating it with ellipsis. Made a few other minor design changes as well (spacing, etc.) Added a small badge to the top-left corner of the campaign image on the Campaign Search page so you can quickly see if you are the Creator or GM of a game listed there. Added additional information to the Marketplace search engine so you should find more relevant results. [New] The Your Library page of the Marketplace now has a list of sets you've purchased at the top of it. [New] Marketplace receipt emails now include a direct link to the item you purchased in them, just in case. Bug Fixes Fixed an issue on the homepage and top menu drop-down which wasn't displaying the Next Game time in the correct timezone for some users. Fixed an issue which was causing the Block User button not to work on user profile pages. Fixed an issue where the Send Reply button wasn't always taking you to the bottom of the post for private messages. Fixed multi-author searching on the Marketplace browse page. ( Note: We're still rebuilding the search index so it may take an hour or two for this to start working correctly. Should be working now!) Fixed a bug where the Marketplace search page wasn't showing the correct default search options before the first time you clicked the Search button. Fixed Marketplace set listings pages which weren't displaying all items in the set if the set contained more than 50 items. Fixed the Module purchase modal dialog box on the New Campaigns page. Fixed a CSS issues causing scrollbars to appear on the homepage for smaller screen sizes. Today's Priorities Finalize the hover/click behavior of the top menu. Change up the Community menu of the top menu to be a curated list of community highlights. Update Marketplace emails to provide a direct link to the product purchased. Add a list of purchased sets to the Your Library section of the Marketplace. Continue to tweak layout CSS for screen sizes in-between mobile and desktop (e.g.half-width on 1080p displays). As always, we welcome civil, constructive feedback on any of today's changes. Please do not re-paste your comments from the previous days' threads. I assure you that every single post has been read by multiple members of the Dev Team (including myself) and we are taking all of them into consideration.
Riley D. said: Fixed an issue on the homepage and top menu drop-down which wasn't displaying the Next Game time in the correct timezone for some users. Cheers.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You guys are on fire! &nbsp;All the updates and a NEW additions are great. &nbsp;The new design is really coming together. &nbsp;Thank you!

Edited 1437767248
Very minor style/editorial correction:&nbsp; The "Tools" drop-down links on the left don't match the content displayed, textually.

Edited 1437819868
The logged-out home page is looking much nicer. However, I noticed that the window size is detected incorrectly. There is a excessive margin on the left side which forces me to scroll right exactly that amount. Having to scroll to see the homepage properly is extremely annoying. It happens in firefox, chrome and opera. The margin shrinks as the window gets shrunk, until it is gone completely, so probably some element is excessively large and the auto borders/margins are flipping out. It doesn't occur once logged in. Browser window width: 1366 Browser window height: 643 Screen width: 1366 Screen height: 768 Screen color depth: 24
Will H. said: The logged-out home page is looking much nicer. However, I noticed that the window size is detected incorrectly. There is a excessive margin on the left side which forces me to scroll right exactly that amount. Having to scroll to see the homepage properly is extremely annoying. It happens in firefox, chrome and opera. The margin shrinks as the window gets shrunk, until it is gone completely, so probably some element is excessively large and the auto borders/margins are flipping out. It doesn't occur once logged in. Browser window width: 1366 Browser window height: 643 Screen width: 1366 Screen height: 768 Screen color depth: 24 Hey Will -- Can you get me a screenshot of what you're seeing, please? This is what it looks like to me currently with my browser window set to 1366x768:
Yes exactly, you see that scrollbar at the bottom of your screenshot? Totally superfluous!&nbsp;

Edited 1437825667
Figured it out, if you set the large picture of the VTT seen in the screenshot to be slightly smaller the scrollbar disappears. At this resolution the container size is 1200px. You have set it left 450px. You used absolute positioning, so it won't resize to fit the container. You need to set max-width on the image to 750px (1200-450) to prevent it from overflowing the container. Not sure how this affects other resolutions, but the number will probably be different.

Edited 1437832351
The new design is a bit overused but at least it's more overseeable now (in some cases). The LFG search functions are still pretty bad though and often don't work properly. You can already add tags to your campaigns so why not make use of that instead? I'd especially welcome a "looking-for-GM" tag.

Edited 1437873178
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Will H. said: Yes exactly, you see that scrollbar at te bottom of your screenshot? Totally superfluous!&nbsp; Oh, I see. I misunderstood you. I thought you meant you actually had to scroll when the page loaded in to see anything. Yes, that's a bug and you're right about the cause, should be fixed here shortly. Thanks for pointing that out!
@Will: I believe this should be fixed now. Thanks!
Given the prominence that the new design has given to next game time and the way it effects the visibility of games on the homepage, would it be possible to add a tool to automatically handle recurring games, so it doesn't have to be manually reset after each session, or would that be outside of the scope of this update?
Dev Team, Love the new interface. It is clean and easy to navigate. One suggestion: The game title is vary large, and obscures some of the title picture that I work hard to create. Can I reduce the font somehow so that more of the picture shows?&nbsp; -Falsoon
Gold
Forum Champion
Falsoon said: Dev Team, Love the new interface. It is clean and easy to navigate. One suggestion: The game title is vary large, and obscures some of the title picture that I work hard to create. Can I reduce the font somehow so that more of the picture shows?&nbsp; -Falsoon Something I noticed is, the font shrinks when you have more words. I have the opposite problem of you. My game title is long (many words) and the font is absolutely tiny, as it smooshed to fit all the words on one line. &nbsp;A workaround solution for you might be adding a few words on the end of your game title (such as adding the name of the game system in parentheses). The words will still cover the bottom of the picture, but the font will get smaller.