Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to see which formula is the character sheet roll using?

Hi all, i'm not good with english so i'll explain myself with an example: i want to roll initiative in pathfinder by the character sheet, ok, i open the sheet and click on the little die near initiative. then i click on the token so the tracker can work. the initiative is rolled, but is bugged, because it adds the miscellaneous bonus twice (i have 4 from dex and 4 for misc, but it rolls 1d20+8+4, don't ask me why). so, is there a way to see the macro used to obtain that result so i can modify it? i mean EXACTLY the macro the sheet is using, including the table, colors, fonts etc. this is just an example, please don't reply only with the way to fix or override this bug, it could be useful with lots of other things (like situational bonuses). thank you!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Which Pathfinder sheet are you using?  The easiest way to see what is being rolled would be (after pressing the roll button), clicking into the chat window like yo are going to send a message and pressing the up arrow—that will show you the last command received (in this case the roll just executed). If you want to really see what's happening, you can look at the code on github.  There are several different Pathfinder sheets, but I'm guessing you are using  this sheet .
thank you, the up arrow did the job!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can always right-click a roll button on the sheet and use inspect element.  The text entered for the value is what is being sent to chat when the button is activated. For the the Pathfinder (tabbed) sheet, the value for initiative is &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=Initiative}} {{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ abs(0.01 * @{init}) ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}} Did you find out why your initiative was incorrect?