Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ruler: Rounding error

I set the scale to 1:50 and noticed some rounding errors. See image: Also, I'm not quite sure what I'm actually measuring (half-unit grid): 25/55/80/105/135/160/190? Or vertically: 50/95/145/190? Or diagonally long: 45 /95/ 140 / 185 ? Or diagonally short: 25/55/80/ 110 /135/160/190?
Similarly, there's a weirdness if you drag an arrow two squares to the right, for example. You see 10ft (on default settings). Now move the point of the arrow down one square. You see 10ft. This is mathematically very wrong... but I can see why it would be implemented this way given D&D rules.
Yeah it's currently using D&D 4E diagonal rules. I keep meaning to add a setting so you can change that. I assume that's something that would be changed on a campaign-wide basis, right? Not on a per-page basis?
Campaign wide would make sense. Sorry to derail your rounding thread Henry.
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I would recommend doing it on a page by page basis if possible. Depending on the scenario I might want to use hex or square or dnd rules or true distance. All within the same campaign