Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Delaying displayed text when 3D dice are enabled

I've hacked together a Dungeon World roll template, not really knowing what I'm doing, but borrowing heavily from the WoD template given in the Wiki, and it works: However, when 3d dice are enabled, the little "Success!" notification comes up before the result.  Can anyone help me with a way to display this text in time with the 3d dice result when they are enabled?
The displayed Dice results wait for the 3D dice to finish rolling, but the roll and math has already been done so it knows the result already. That's just the way it is.
Yes...I thought that was how it might be.  Perhaps there's an API solution?...
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
As Ed said, that's the way 3d dice work. As for an API solution, not really. You could probably write a script that would watch for the Roll Template to come through chat and then have the API display the success/partial success/failure notice after some timeout. 
The Aaron said: You could probably write a script that would watch for the Roll Template to come through chat and then have the API display the success/partial success/failure notice after some timeout.  Well, if you replace "you could" with "one could," that might be a more accurate statement.  :)  Do you happen to know, is the 3d dice timing the same every time, or does it vary?
The 3D Dice time varies. However, if it takes longer than 2 seconds the dice result will be shown. So if you want to delay it 2 seconds you probably could do that.
Riley D. said: The 3D Dice time varies. However, if it takes longer than 2 seconds the dice result will be shown. So if you want to delay it 2 seconds you probably could do that. Ok, great!  Now to learn javascript....