Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quick Keys Not Working

Hi there,  So my quick keys are no longer functioning. "P" to access pages, "O", "K", "M", and "<", to access Token, DM, Map and Dynamic Lighting layers.  I can't even seem to select various tokens are their respective layers. So my "S" and "A" quick keys are working either.  And my "L+O", etc., keys to move tokens and objects between layers have ceased to function as well. Any help on a fix? Thank you.  Best,  Jake (DM)
Quick System Info: Mac 10.9, Chrome v44 The problem just started this morning.
UPDATE: Turns out, this issue is only happening in the latest campaign that I made.  I created a copy of a previous campaign.  All my quick keys are working in my other campaigns. Thanks.
Man am I glad I troubleshot this myself. So... If you copy an existing game, and start messing with the various checkboxes of what exactly you want copied over, and uncheck some of the options, then your Quick Keys won't work. If you leave all the default options checked, then your quick keys will work. But... you have to go back through and delete the previous players, delete all their characters, and then reset all your maps and tokens.  So... does it work, no. Since it should take into account the checkboxes you have or have not selected. Is there a workaround, yes. I figured it out.  So Dev's, take it or leave it. I'm back to where I want to be with the interface, but for your own records and notes, your Copy Feature of the Pro Account doesn't work like you've intended it to. Have a great day! Best,  Jake (DM)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jakob, when you copied over your campaign are you sure in the new campaign you had Use advanced keyboard shortcuts enabled?
Oooh, no, I'm not sure that I had that enabled. I'll try it again and check. Thanks Steve K. :D Best,  Jake(DM)
Hi Steve K., I so wanted to see this... but I'm simply not. Maybe you can point it out for me. I'm not seeing the option you're referring to. Best,  Jake(DM)
I'm not seeing that option ANYWHERE on the screen.  Not trying to be a pill. But I know that things can get wonky on Dev Side of things. :/ Best,  Jake(DM)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Once you've copied over the game, inside the game in the settings menu (the gear in the upper right hand corner) is the option to use advance keyboard shortcuts. This option is probably being copied over if you're copying Players and Player Settings. Otherwise it will be off by default.

Edited 1438880943
Hi Steve K.,  Oh, you mean here...  At the time? No, I wasn't sure. But, UI/UX stuff... if I copy a campaign that had this enabled, then it should stay enabled. I know that dev's often blame the user for being stupid, and sure... ok... I'll admit it. But... We're the customers.  There's an amazing book by, ironically enough, Steve Krug called  "Don't Make Me Think" . I think the dev's at Roll20 would benefit from it greatly.  Just one designer to another. :D Thanks for all the help. Best,  Jake(DM) 

Edited 1438881334
Steve K. said: Once you've copied over the game, inside the game in the settings menu (the gear in the upper right hand corner) is the option to use advance keyboard shortcuts. This option is probably being copied over if you're copying Players and Player Settings. Otherwise it will be off by default. Hence my previous statement, "your Copy Feature of the Pro Account doesn't work like you've intended it to ." Reference to that in the Wiki or spelled out somewhere on the "Copy A Campaign" page would really help.  Oops, do I need to post that last sentence in the Feature Request forums? Have a great day! Best,  Jake(DM)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You're saying if you copy a game with the Players and Player Settings option, and advanced keyboard settings is selected in the original game, the copy doesn't have it selected?
Hi Steve,  This is correct, sir. The original game I copied had the "Advanced Keyboard Shortcut" option selected—all my "created" games do. However, when I copied a campaign the first time, I unchecked [Players and Player Settings] and [Chat Log] since the "Copy" was going to be the same adventure, just for a new group of people.  But alas, my Keyboard shortcuts didn't work. I'll be honest, I never even thought to check that in the settings, after I copied. My apologies. But thank you for making me aware of it. If when making copies of campaigns, I need to leave the [Players and Player Settings] checked to maintain various other DM settings, then ok, no worries. But as a Feature Request, it would be very helpful if DM settings and Player settings were separate. Or Campaign settings and Player settings were separate. Or even a little note to remind the DM, "Hey, when you copy this campaign, make sure to go into the new copy's settings and check this or that, etc." or however your copywriters want to word it.  Steve K. said: You're saying if you copy a game with the Players and Player Settings option, and advanced keyboard settings is selected in the original game, the copy doesn't have it selected? No. I'm saying that if you UNCHECK the [Players and Players Settings] option while copying a campaign and [Advanced Keyboard Settings] is selected in the original, the COPY does not have the [Advanced Keyboard Settings] option selected.  See how confusing this all is? Just make DM settings and Player settings separate, or call it something different. Or don't link them together.  If I'm making a copy of a campaign, and I want the DM settings, but not the people I've invited into the campaign to be a part of the copy, then I shouldn't have to choose between bringing players and my DM settings. If all I want is the content, and not the people, I should be able to do that without this much hassle. Do you not agree? Instead of Players AND Player Settings, you should have two check boxes... 1 for players and 1 for Settings. They should not be combined.  Everything should be able to be controlled individually.   Best,  Jake(DM)