Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP Mutants & Masterminds Tuesdays 7:15 PST

Edited 1438926369
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
I run an ongoing Mutants & Masterminds game and recently had a player drop so we have some more room. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Most sessions tend to run about 3 hours. Edit: THIS IS 3RD EDITION MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS!!! The Powers That May Be:  Year One The year is 2023. As of 2006, people have begun gaining the use of strange abilities with no easy explanation. About of 1 of 100,000 possess such abilities, with only 1 in a million having "progressive" abilities that increase tenfold over time. This has garnered the attention of political and corporate entities world wide, beginning a race to gather as much knowledge on these "Alphas" as possible. While research is still under way, a link has been found between the manifestion of one's abilites and a mix of their past and personality. Beyond Alpha stage, there are "Omegas", classification of powered humans who exceed the capabilities of entire nations and were it not for the vigilance of other Omegas, then the entire world would be further under constant threat of economic and social collapse. In Washington, they argue and reason what to do with citizens who display signs of these powers, from detaining them for the "Greater good" to full integration with the nation's military. The dangers of even the weaker powered humans "Betas" fill hours of news channels as the world soon heads in a new direction. Even a single Beta, if mad enough, can create massive havoc, with a couple of known instances of them leaving large trails of bodies when authorities fail to apprehend them. After about 3 years, a few Betas will find their powers becoming greatly enhanced, signaling that they have moved on to Alpha stage. You are part of a lucky few who have made friends with others yourself, people who have been alone and have powers that have come fresh out of the Beta stage. Characters of this group must: -Be between the ages of 14-32 -Be living in the city of Pasadena, Ca -Characters have only had their powers for about 5-6 years so far, so only been alphas for a couple of years. -Have a cover, discrimination against powereds still exists. -No OFFICIAL Magic exists, though some can call their powers that if they want. -No full Tony Stark style suits, while high tech equipment can exist, I'm trying for a grittier more realistic vibe than full aliens, AI, & pseudo gamma ray science. So while Ironman suits are out, something like Batman's load out would be considerably more realistic. -If it wasn't obvious from the history, the origin of your power is a secret, however, you can choose what part of your personality that it manifested out of. -Starting PL will be 8 with the campaign ending at much higher. This campaign will take place over a span of about 4-6 years depending on events. The idea is that you and your small group of friends operate locally while hearing about events going on in the global stage. As time goes on you will become stronger, and you will become more involved so timeskips are to be expected. This is also an ADULT game, bad things will happen and all the wrongs in the real world are still wrongs that can happen here, while I don't mean to offend anyone I aim for a world that works a bit like ours and that includes the human suffering that comes with it. With all that being said, I would also you like to include the word muffin somewhere in your post so I know you pass the test of attention. Skype IS a requirement with willingness to use teamspeak if necessary. Powered Group: Foresight -A millionaire technomancer (The Utopian) -An inception-based dream invader (Dreamscape) -A shadow warrior (Spectre) -Teen with sonic-vocal abilities (TBA) -TBA Where the current campaign stands: Currently, the characters have been operating with The Utopian who owns the tech company U-Corp that makes millions off patents and have received various government community projects. They operate in a hidden underground HQ. As of recently, they've stopped a shadow spawner in high school who was responsible for a series of murders & rapes and have detained him at HQ. Currently about to investigate a known gun runner Motorcycle club operating north of pasadena. We've done 3 sessions so far.  Template Name: Age: Occupation: Hero Alias: Power Concept: History/Personality: A little about you OOC:

Edited 1439022870
Your game seems to be a Mutants and Masterminds adaptation of White Wolf's Abberant RPG Name: Luke Chung Age: 14, unaging - Physical age 14, Chronological age 20. Occupation: Nee'r do Well (Unemployed internet/video game bum) Hero Alias: Creator Power Concept: Continuous (permanent but can dismiss) full-featured create and transform.&nbsp; Create has all the extras (7/r, selective, movable, impervious, continuous, custom 1/r allowing creation of any single element or dual-element compound, up to 6th period, stable isotopes only). Transform&nbsp; (7/r any-&gt;any, ranged, continuous) is for creating anything too complicated for create but only at 1/64 of the mass capacity, and can't use create extras on items produced by transform. If something would need a skill check to produce normally, it would make sense he would have to make the same skill check to produce it correctly with his transform power (advanced technology, complex chemicals, etc..). Luke has a high Int 6 and jack of all trades but is by no means expert level in technology or the sciences. 66pp in powers, 64 of it in create/transform array (2 in immunity to aging, innate). History/Personality : Born and raised on Singkawang, Kalimantan (Borneo) Indonesia. Indonesian Chinese, Hakka. 8 years ago, Luke was working with his with his parents in the illegal tin mines in Indonesia when he was 12. After two years working in the mines, Luke mysteriously 'found' a large solid ingot of tin. The next day he was 'finding' several ingots of tin. Then he imagined gold. and he 'finds' and ingot of gold. He uses the bar of gold he created to get himself and his family free from working the mine and moves back to Singkawang. Over time, his parents find out his powers by becoming suspicious because Luke has seem to ceased aging. His parents insist on Luke keeping his powers a secret as many will do many evil things to gain access to Luke's wealth and resource creation abilities. Luke gains more controlled use of his powers and his parents arrange to move into the United States, fast tracking immigration via the business investment route. Luke obviously finances this ability. Luke's father sets up several restaurants in the Los Angeles area which enables the family to live decently without the need for any 'mysterious' bars of gold. They have bought a home debt/mortgage free in Pasadena, CA, S Los Robles Ave & E California Blvd, 2 miles from California Institue of Technology, 2 miles from Paseo Colorado outdoor mall. While in the united states, Luke largely stays home, and when not playing video games and surfing the internet, plays with his powers, and gradually learns the full extent of his powers. He goes out sometimes, mostly to watch movies at Paseo Colorado, or to hang out with science wizkids at CalTech. He has used his powers to create scientific ingredients for CalTech students - for practical projects and just for their couriosity. He is also a soccer fan and occasionally goes to LA Galaxy and LAFC games. Luke grows bored and wants to use his powers more openly, so he goes out and seeks a hero group to join. The Foresight seems to be an interesting choice... Plus he'll need protection if people find out the nature of his powers, which more open power use would inevitably result in this. There are plenty of greedy governments and corporations that would want to manipulate, cheat, maim, and kill to exploit his powers. Personality-wise, Luke is introverted, introspective.&nbsp; Usually alone, with his family, or with no more than a small group of familiar friends. More logical than emotional, creative thinking, head in the clouds. INTP, RCUEI (MBTI, Big5/SLOAN).&nbsp; Morally good, neutral good with chaotic tendency. Has heavy ties with his family and is loyal to his friends and team mates once he feels accepted and he trusts them. Can be idealistic, easy to 'use' without him being aware of it. Can be a little curious, fascinated with technology, and seeing new kinds of powers. Luke doesn't look like it or live like it but he does have wealth 5 to account for his ability to create permanent and authentic valuable items. Create can do silver, gold, other precious metals, rare earth elements, diamonds, fresh water, even graphine - single-atom-thick crabon; Transform can create legal tender fiat currency, oil, complex chemicals, food (including muffins), etc.. from air, liquid, or mono-element feedstock created with the create power. The create power would be used in combat - defensive barriers, and suspended platforms mainly, which can be telekinetically moved, and dropped on enemies if desired. This character was originally created for Jet City Heroes, but the campaign failed to start (two players showed up first session, campaign was deleted yesterday). The portrait and token images were grabbed from the BBC Panorama documentary 'Apple's broken promises' - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2df9zb_bbc-pano" rel="nofollow">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2df9zb_bbc-pano</a>... (Most of the video focuses on the Chinese factories but the tin mines have a lot of attention) - They are of an actual real-world 14 year old working the Bangka Island tin mines in Indonesia (there is footage of younger children working in the mines too, but most are there supporting their adult parents). The first picture is debackgrounded and transparent. OOC About me 40 yrs old, Database developer, live in Phoenix AZ. Veteran in M&M, Pathfinder, and D&D 5th edition. Experience with Star Wars FFG and GURPS.&nbsp; Fiddled around with Rolemaster Classic, Dangerous Journeys Mythus, Star Wars D6, Star Wars D20, Battletech.&nbsp; Currently play in one M&M game, GM one M&M game, play in a Star Wars FFG game (in a campaign reset, switching to Force and Destiny), and play in a D&D 5e game.&nbsp; My MBTI and Big5 types are INTP and RLUEI.
@Jesse R. I had not heard of it or looked at that setting until you mentioned it, O_o. I just made the world in a way I wanted to run it without too much cartoony-nesh @Keegan Sorry Keegan but as I noted in the post, we already have a teenager with vocal-based powers, he was also homeless delinquent for a good deal of time. If you still want to keep in an app I recommend that you try submitting a different type of character. You don't need to do a whole stat sheet for it, I just like something to be able to compare side by side.
wow sorry I didn't notice that one. I don't know if I will do another though

Edited 1439184198
Not expecting any similarity to that setting.&nbsp; Just mentioning I'm reusing the character that was built for that failed-to-start campaign (background highly expanded though).&nbsp; Actually Luke was originally created as a backup character for the Homeless Heroes campaign. I play a up-powered version as a NPC in my campaign but that is not the same as playing as a PC. If you don't like Luke, I do have a luck controller character instead.&nbsp; Max luck (4 reroll, 2 recover, 1 instant counter, 1 edit scene), full luck control, some fortune advantages (inspire, etc..). Secondary role is that of a skill monkey - rank 1 skill variable applicable to one skill at a time (to reflect luck going his way and for the most part succeeding in everything he does; 6, 8, or 10 ranks, optional Ultimate Effort, and optional Skill Mastery in a single skill), 4 ranks invested in each of acrobatics, insight, investigation, perception, stealth, technology (backing abilities are 4, so +8 total, PL max 18 with skill variable applied to it). Loose variant of TinTin.&nbsp; He was originally created for a PL6 campaign (didn't get in). I have PL6 and PL8 versions of him created. TinTin is an unaging 16 year old (movie is 17, comics/books is 15, averages to 16) with attractive 2 (MMO guild wars / final fantasy perfect/unblemished).&nbsp; He is more int-focused than the original TinTin, lack's TinTin's hand-to-hand capability. Fully defense shifted (12 dodge/parry, 4 toughness), some of it is in a luck-descriptor power. But lacks offensive combat capability (+4 to-hit, 0 damage).&nbsp; He is just as nosy and inquisitive as the original TinTin character though, if not more so. I have token for him too.&nbsp; Taken from the movie

Edited 1439340038
Name:Gwen Masters Age: 20 Occupation: Barmaid (College cheerleader whose father is a deputy director of the FBI) Hero Alias: The Cheerleader Power Concept: Wound Transferal / Fast Healing History/Personality: Gwen is the daughter to Frank Masters, an FBI Director who is in control of his own team. Her mother died of cancer four years back and Gwen's powers slowly emerged during her college freshman year. It has only been a year and she has no idea the limit of her powers nor what they can do other than taking others wounds and healing them fast herself. She is a part time student and a barmaid for a classy gents club or a tavern. She also sings once in a while on stage and at FBI events for her father. Gwen knows she can not control her powers due to the fact when anyone touches her, she heals them. She is a very likable girl who constantly tries to keep everyone happy and safe....she does nag at times and panics I guess best example of her would be the Pepper Potts from Iron Man Armored Adventures series. Gwen Masters MnM3rd Sheet Old MnM characters I have played are in t his folder link My skype is odd.cl

Edited 1439639664
I've found myself free again on Tuesday evenings, so here is a reapplication, with a picture. Name: Ginger O'Rourke Age: 21 Occupation: Waitress Hero Alias: Rad Power Concept: Child of the Atom History/Personality: Ginger isn't the brightest of souls. She has a good heart, and a real gift with kids. She was a cheerleader in high school, and had a really good time there, and worked hard enough that she managed to get into University! She's currently attending classes by day, and waitresses a couple of nights a week to help make ends meet, her family being as poor as she is. She also first experienced her powers in high school when she accidentally microwaved her lunch...with her hands.&nbsp; Ginger might not be smart, but she is a real hard worker. She has read everything she can on the subject of radioactivity, radiation, nuclear power, and its attendant fields, and even though she wasn't very good at science in high school, she's "majoring" in science with as many credits as she can get on the subject. She tries to spend her spare time, such that it it, practicing using her powers also.&nbsp; Today, she tries to use her powers for good, but she's pretty worried about innocent victims and casualties of nuclear explosions gone wrong, so she tries not to overdo it, also. She works At Seamus O'Reillys Irish Pub. They have the best muffins, and a killer burger and fries. OOC about me: I'm older (early 40's) work a regular/stable job in IT (Backshift) and have a beautiful wife and beautiful kitten. I've played M&M since 1st edition. Have always liked comics, and RPG's about superheroes as far back as DC, Heroes Unlimited and Marvel Super Heroes. I'm not a spotlight hog, nor a rules lawyer, and I like when bad stuff happens to me, as it gives an opportunity to roleplay. Further info on me: I'm Canadian and I may think I'm wittier than I actually am.
Name: Spencer James Age: 30 Occupation: Private Investigator Hero Alias: Cognizance Power Concept: Hyper Awareness History/Personality:&nbsp; Spencer James is a highly successful private investigator, with a so-far perfect track record - he has solved every case he has taken, including several consultation gigs with local Chicago police and one with the FBI. He has appeared on a few television shows, but is not a celebrity as such. He recently moved to Pasadena (as he was afraid some people in Chicago had figured out he is a Beta), and he now operates his business from his house, a large secluded home, but nothing one would call a mansion. The front few rooms are dedicated to a reception area and meeting room, then the large living/dining area, a media room, and the kitchen separate that from the bedrooms. In the basement he has a small home gym (nothing like professional level), a small library, a small wet bar, and a rec room with a pool table. In addition to a 3-car garage, he has a workshop in his back yard in which he likes to tinker with basic 'maker' DIY crafts and things. He has an SUV, a sedan, and a motorcycle; all nice and newer, but none extravagant. During business hours, he has a secretary and a 'personal assistant' working at the place; the secretary is devoted to his business, and is in truth more of a professional personal assistant. The personal assistant is part cook, part maid, and a friend. Both are somewhat attractive females, but he does nothing more than tease and flirt with them. Not including his powers, he was hyper perceptive and very charismatic; and fairly intelligent to boot. He was average or slightly above when it comes to physical abilities, and had no practical experience with fighting or combat. When it comes to advantages; he is well-informed and connected, and has several contacts. He has an eiditic memory, and quick reactions (speed of thought).He is independently wealthy, though not a millionaire. He loves to tinker with making things - a true 'maker' and/or DIYer*. When his powers manifested, his perception was magnified to the level many would consider it telepathy, prescience, empathy, and other related powers - but in truth it all stems to his ability to 'read' the people, animals, and objects around him, and extremely rapidly process the information to determine what is going on, what will happen in the next few seconds, and what his best course of action is. He's become adept in hand to hand combat, is a human lie detector, and can understand pretty much anything and everything around him. *(I had him as a bit of a computer/technomancer as well as the rest, thanks to his ability to understand machines and systems, but I'll pull that aspect to avoid stepping on toes of the resident millionaire technomancer; I'll just leave in his tinkering as a personality quirk, with no pwer related benefits.) A little about you OOC: I'm a 40 year old dad of a one-year-old girl. I am self employed, as is my wife, and we have multiple businesses which have kept us out of day jobs for 12 years or so now. We're very busy, both as parents and running our business - but our schedules are flexible and I can make sure I am reliably available most any time/day. I've been roleplaying for more than 25 years now (27ish I think), and enjoy RP focused games more than number crunching min/maxing. I have played more D&D or other fantasy gaming than supers or scifi games; but I have experience with just about every superhero game there is, and am an avid fan of the genre - it is what I am dying to play right now, have been for some time but have been unable to find a good local game (which is why I am coming to Roll20, lol). Here's the thing; I have multiple characters I would enjoy playing... but this is the guy I would like to play the most. Well, second most, actually, but the one I'd want to play the most is a magic based character, so... But the point is, if this guy doesn't fit in, I can post some more concepts. Other fleshed out concepts include; a 'medium'/ghost whisperer - also an investigator, but spends most of his time working with/for ghosts and spirits. a younger teen who can morph into a dragon - yup, an actual dragon. He could actually take other forms, but he doesn't know that and since all he knows he can do is the dragon, that is his current limit. an empath/healer support character, who can enhance his teammates abilities when he isn't patching them up. ...and I am sure there are even more I could flesh out in the next few days, lol! I *love* creating characters almost as much as playing them.
Name: Daniel Age: 29 Occupation: unimployed / some time competing in strenght events Hero Alias: hulk Power Concept: super strenght if enraged uncontrolable&nbsp; History/Personality:&nbsp; It all started 4 years ago for this guy when his little sister was raped right infront of him his parents already dead by the house infaders his brother tied up next to him he started to feel wierd his legs started to shake his vision blurred end the next thing he could remember was lifting the dead body of his little sister and seeing his brother dragged away by the cops. Hè explained to the cops that he had some sort of black out and did not remember much but that his brother did not commit murder. The detective interupted him by saying his brother was a filthy mutant. So he went to see his brother in prison and confronted him, but only to discoffer that he was the mutant not his brother. Daniel swore he make things right... But then his brother (sebastian) said something he would never expact he said live free we just lost everything live free u where like the hulk in there u should help people save people like u tried to save kristi. So I left the prison moved away from the netherlands and came to america to maybe gain more control over my power. A little about you OOC: My name is daan 21 years old havent played that many online or ofline roll playing games Love playing them tho. O yeah I Love muffins hehe
Name: Eran Kold Age: 16 Occupation: student Hero Alias: Skald Power Concept: Shoots tiny concentrated "bullets" of&nbsp;energy until it hits something History/Personality: Eran grew up being mistreated by a lot of his peers. Especially due to his size and glasses. When his powers immerged he was either feared or cherished as a friend. then the local authorities found out and they contacted someone and he still doesn't know who. he was then taken somewhere blind folded and it was pulled off and was in a very bright room. He was told that he was to train his powers until the "boss" thought he was ready. This troubled him and he had no idea how long he would&nbsp;be staying here. He discovered he could curve his bullets and make them slow down but&nbsp;this took considerable amount of strength&nbsp;to alter his shots then didn't go&nbsp;in&nbsp;a straight line or at their normal speed.&nbsp;To him a long time had passed until suddenly he was released into the world. he woke up on a park bench in a black trench coat a white shirt and black pants. There was a mask next to him that had a skull on it and a note that said you are Skald keep it that way. He has not told anyone his real name and has wondered all the way to Pasadena from Denver Colorado. (and hopefully get noticed by you.) He is sarcastic but is not against helping people. He can be mistrusting of people he meets but may warm up to them. He hates it when people talk about family and loves being outside. He is not afraid to fight and only uses his power when absolutely necessary.