Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

_max attribute still not working properly with GURPS character sheet

Hi,  I posted about this in another topic, but didn't realise it already had the resolved tag on it, so I'm reposting it in a new thread. In Devindra's GURPS character sheet, attributes are calculated this way,: name="attr_strength" value="(@{strength|max} + @{strength_mod})" Where @{strength|max} is defined as : name="attr_strength_max" value="(10 + floor(abs(@{strength_points}) / 10) * (@{strength_points}+1)/abs(@{strength_points}+1))" @{strength_points} and @{strength_mod} are values directly modified by the player in the sheet. However when the value of @{strength_points} is changed, @{strength|max} is only correctly updated where it first appears in the sheet (in a pop-up stating the unmodified strength attribute), but it is not in the data formula for @{strength} (which represents the actual strength of the character). It only updates when the sheet is closed OR when @{strength_mod} is modified by the player. Help ?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The issue here is that the sheet author is using the _max pseudo attribute in an odd and unintended way. On that sheet strength and strength_max don't have a direct relationship, and it's actually _max that is feeding into and determining strength.  These _max attributes won't update unless the whole sheet is reloaded is because neither strength nor strength_max is being manually changed and due to it's pseudo nature it's not working like other disabled fields. If the sheet author changed the name of strength_max to a different disabled attribute name like strength_base, then this issue would stop happening.
Ok I see, then I'll just do that and customize it. Thanks for the quick response.