Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

dropdown roll query question

okay, i have a macro (seen below) which works.  &{template:default}{{Smash}}{{?{Approach|Careful, Careful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|careful}]]|Clever, Clever: [[4DF+ @{Smash|clever}]]|Flashy, Flashy: [[4DF+ @{Smash|flashy}]]|Forceful,Forceful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|forceful}]]|Quick,Quick: [[4DF+ @{Smash|quick}]]|Sneaky,Sneaky: [[4DF+ @{Smash|sneaky}]]}}} But I would like to add a ?{bonus|0} to this roll to handle things like situation modifiers and the like, but it breaks the macro. &{template:default}{{Smash}}{{?{Approach|Careful, Careful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|careful}+?{bonus|0}]]|Clever, Clever: [[4DF+ @{Smash|clever}+?{bonus|0}]]|Flashy, Flashy: [[4DF+ @{Smash|flashy}+?{bonus|0}]]|Forceful,Forceful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|forceful}+?{bonus|0}]]|Quick,Quick: [[4DF+ @{Smash|quick}+?{bonus|0}]]|Sneaky,Sneaky: [[4DF+ @{Smash|sneaky}+?{bonus|0}]]}}} anyone have any idea how i can get this to work?
Use html entities to replace some characters like comma &amp#44; pipe &amp#124; and closing curly bracket &amp#125; after opening the "inside" query. The below should work I think. Just remember if you save this as general macro you cannot edit and save it again without copying and pasting entire macro in it's original form from another source (like a text file for example). This is because gen macro will eat your html entities and convert them, thus breaking your macro. &{template:default}{{Smash}}{{?{Approach|Careful, Careful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|careful}+?{bonus|0}]]|Clever, Clever: [[4DF+ @{Smash|clever}+?{bonus|0}]]|Flashy, Flashy: [[4DF+ @{Smash|flashy}+?{bonus|0}]]|Forceful,Forceful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|forceful}+?{bonus|0}]]|Quick,Quick: [[4DF+ @{Smash|quick}+?{bonus|0}]]|Sneaky,Sneaky: [[4DF+ @{Smash|sneaky}+?{bonus|0}]]}}}
I will give this a try when I get to my computer. Thanks!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
&{template:default}{{Smash}}{{?{Approach|Careful, Careful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|careful}+?{bonus|0}]]|Clever, Clever: [[4DF+ @{Smash|clever}+?{bonus|0}]]|Flashy, Flashy: [[4DF+ @{Smash|flashy}+?{bonus|0}]]|Forceful,Forceful: [[4DF+ @{Smash|forceful}+?{bonus|0}]]|Quick,Quick: [[4DF+ @{Smash|quick}+?{bonus|0}]]|Sneaky,Sneaky: [[4DF+ @{Smash|sneaky}+?{bonus|0}]]}}}
Lukasz, your version was still broken in the same way. Silvyre, your worked perfectly.  Thank you both for the help!
Mine was the same as Silvyre's but I forgot about entities being converted on the forum. :-)