Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

running macros on multiple selected tokens

okay, I have looked, but i don't see it in the repository. on the off chance that i am missing it, i figured i would ask. is there an api that would allow me to select multiple tokens, and run any macros that they have in common (or are defined in the settings section of the campaign as token macros). i know there is an initiative specific version of this, but it would also be useful for saves, detects, etc. Thanks!

Edited 1439231695
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There isn't an API script for that.  The short answer is "The API can't execute Macros for Tokens" The long answer is "The API can't easily execute Macros for Tokens without lots and lots of extra code, and even then there is no guarantee it will work correctly because many macros make use of @{target|prop} or ?{query|option} which there isn't (an easy way) for the API to answer. "  With some serious programming chops, you could probably end up with something that would allow you to execute 95% of macros, and possibly even come up with a way to solve the target and query problems (Probably by prompting the user for the information via API Buttons).  It's not something someone has tackled as usually there is a better way to handle it.
okay, that makes sense. thanks!