Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using roll templates, API commands, and character sheets all together

Hey everybody. I'm currently running a star wars: edge of the empire game, and wanted to add roll templates to the character sheet. I've managed to set roll templates up, and they work fine in macros (and parts of the sheet i've edited), however I'm having difficulty getting them to play nicely with the edge of the empire dice roller script the character sheet has the ability to call the api to roll the dice in a <roll> tag, but seemingly only if it is the first thing in the value="" attribute. for example, value="!eed" will work, but value="&{template:base} {{title=Title}} !eed" or value="&{template:base} {{title=Title}} {{wide=!eed}}" will not. does anybody have any work arounds for this? I'd like to have the edge of the empire dice rolls inside roll templates (including for repeating sections), or at the very least the rolls preceded by a roll template. Thanks in advance
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am amazed and appreciative of all the work the sheet authors have done (my sheet excluded, I squeaked one in for the badge.) They have provided incredible contributions to all users due to the fact they work on the principle of creating sheets with the entire user community in mind. So hats off to them. However, I think there is a gap in community contribution when it comes to sheets. Pro-sheets. Sheets designed for API paired scripts. They could really rock.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Josh, I think to get what you want, you'd have to have an !eedt command that would put the results in a Roll Template (or more likely Roll Template like) format.  You can't place the API command inside a Roll Template, so the API command would need to place it's output in one (if possible), or output a different format.