Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW - EotE] - Roll Templates & Requests

Edited 1440105884
Josh A.
Sheet Author
So, there have been no edits to the edge of the empire sheet in ~4 months. My friends and I have decided to run an EotE game and so I decided to make some edits that make it a bit more usable for us as a group. What was a couple of edits has turned into a much larger thing and I figured I'd share what I have with the community. Before I do though, I wanted to share what I've got and see if there are any suggestions from ya'll. Before we get too far I do want to specify that I'm not looking to do a ton of work for this, so try not to go too overboard with the suggestions :p Here's what I've got so far: * Handling attribute can now be a negative number * Added an Armor line in the inventory: * Added a "carried" checkmark to weapons and armor so you can know at a glance if you've left one somewhere and it should/shouldn't affect encumberance * reformatted the gear section so that you can track individual items and output them to chat * added a roll button to talents to post their function in chat * Roll templates! Just a heads up, roll templates only function with the default (graphics) edge of the empire dice script settings. Looking at the code for the text mode, it looks like it would take significantly more work to reformat that into the roll template
...All of this. I need this. How do I apply it to my game? :3

Edited 1440510637
I've put this in my game - and it rolls twice for each dice check, each with its own result.  Is there a spot I went wrong in, in pasting it into the api section? This is the first api sheet I've used, but the roll template is excellent.  I really like the ease of the weapon labeling for creature attacks.
<a href="https://github.com/saethone/edge" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/saethone/edge</a> tim, there is the link to my personal repository where i've put it for now. i'm not the original author of either the sheet or the script so without it being fully functional i didn't want to publish it through roll20. i have changed the attributes used to save your gear, so if you have any gear on &nbsp;your character sheets be sure to make note of it all before you convert, otherwise you'll have to dig through the attributes tab of your character sheet to find it. I don't think I changed any other existing attributes so you should be fine aside from that. to install the sheet, simply select "custom" on your campaign settings page, and copy/paste the raw html and css files from the link above. then copy/paste the api script to your scripts page. make sure you do not have the old script active as well.&nbsp; note that these do require all 3 - the script references the roll template from the html and css, and the sheet rolls from the api script, so they are interdependent. i have done little testing (we ran it for one game session, found no issues) so let me know if you come across any problems. I don't believe i've made any modification to the text based roller&nbsp; if you'd like to make any macros using the roll template the keys are title, subtitle, flavor (italicized text directly below the title), prewide (text that spans the whole row, below the flavor text), header and item (same style as the title, but smaller, and two columns so that you can create a simple 2 column table if you'd like), then the allprops where you can put any key=value and the key will be the left column and the value the right column, then wide, wide2, wide3, wide4, wide5 which all work like prewide except that they come after the allprops. roll and results are also available like the screenshots above but since you can't separate them from the script call you shouldn't have any use for them in a custom macro. if you'd like to suppliment your script calls the label tag in the script can be used to control what comes out in the rolltemplate too but that gets pretty complicated. maybe later this week i'll create a wiki for it if its working out alright for you guys
Treesniffer said: I've put this in my game - and it rolls twice for each dice check, each with its own result. &nbsp;Is there a spot I went wrong in, in pasting it into the api section? This is the first api sheet I've used, but the roll template is excellent. &nbsp;I really like the ease of the weapon labeling for creature attacks. I'm not the original author of the script and am not that great with java, so I honestly couldn't tell you why it does the double roll like that. I have encountered it in my game before as well, intermittently. I believe I was simply able to go to the scripts and just resave the dice roller script and it resolved the issue for me.
Excellent! &nbsp;Thanks, Josh, for the info.
Hm- I have a thought. Maybe a section about Destiny points? Like- it has a bit where everyone can see the same destiny point count on the character sheets and it updates as said destiny points shift light and dark. And an explanation bit(like the skill section) that says what they can do?
I hadn't done that since I use the sheet for a face to face game, but the original creator of the sheet posted his last code in which he had added a destiny point tracker, so I may take a look at that next week and see if it can be worked in

Edited 1441682075
I have another request that's really irritating me- and I'm not sure if it's just me being an idiot or not. When you roll initiative in the sheet all it says for the cahracter is "PC" or "NPC". This bothers me, as I don't know who won the initiative roll and can't keep track of it well, am I missing something? And if not can this be fixed? Thanks x-x
Having not looked at the character sheets or initiative, could this have to do with the fact that EotE rolls for PC and NPC initiative slots as opposed to a given character slot? That is, Luke and Obi-Wan roll for initiative against Doctor Cornelius and Ponda Boba. Luke gets 3 successes, the Doctor and Ponda get 2 each, and "Old Ben" gets 1. So it's PC, NPC, NPC, PC. The players decide Obi-Wan goes first, even though he had the lowest initiative. His critical with the lightsaber proves the wisdom of this choice!
Yes, tattered_rags is right - that is the standard method for initiative in EotE, players roll and it creates an NPC or a PC slot in the iniative, and any character on that team can act in that slot. I also looked at the implementation for destiny points, and i'm not sure I like it in the character sheet. It takes up a lot of real estate and requires constant clicks to sync the points between players and dms. It may be better represented as a token