Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Macro Folder/Archive and Purchased Library Suggestion

I've been searching through the forums and found a few posts on the subject but no real final answer.  It was suggested that colors be used and the ability to place macros in folders.  I'd like to spark the interest in this again.  My current game is heading into it's 3rd month and running strong, but as time goes on, my macro list is getting larger by the week.  As much as I'd like to delete them, it's hard to do so when the campaign calls for repeat appearances of certain groups of NPC/Monsters.  At a bare minimum, I'd love to have the ability to archive macros much like character sheets, hand-outs and map pages.  Ideally, for me, being able to create folders with one level of sub-folders for macros would be perfect.  Coloring them could be useful to some, but not necessary; that can be handled with proper naming. In regards to the art library.  Tags are great and work well when GMs take the time to add them.  But currently, the artists tags aren't showing when searching for them from our libraries.  My suggestion: when viewing our purchases from the "Your Purchases" tab, when clicking the assets packs that we purchased, rather than taking us to the Marketplace to view the artists page for the pack, display the assets that are included in the pack when selected.  For instance, I really like Gabriel Pickard's art packs and when I need forest assets, I can go to my purchases from within the game, click his pack for forest assets and it only displays the assets in that pack. Just some thoughts.  Had to put them out there.  :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Regarding macros, are you talking about only the macro bar across the bottom of the VTT?   It sounds like you are not using  Token Actions for monsters, which effectively acts like folders in many ways, as they only show up when the monster for whom they are written is selected. 
I am using them as a token action. I'm talking about in the settings tab in the right sidebar. It'd be nice to archive the macros not currently used at a minimum, custom labeled folders would be amazing. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, I see.  Yeah, that would be awesome! Just for complete clarity, you've explored using Character Abilities as Token Actions, not just using Macros as Token Actions?  Sometimes people miss that distinction and the difference in the way it works can be quite useful.

Edited 1440513701
Yes sir! :) its keeping my macro bar fairly empty. The only macros I have up are for whispering and ready check. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Kaelev said: I am using them as a token action. I'm talking about in the settings tab in the right sidebar. It'd be nice to archive the macros not currently used at a minimum, custom labeled folders would be amazing.&nbsp; Kaelev, thank you for clarifying that you are talking about the macro list under the settings tab. Here is a related and popular Suggestion that covers that part of your idea, please add your Comments and vote +1 if you agree, Folders in Addition to Tags for ALL Resource Management <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1878391/folders-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1878391/folders-</a>...
Thank you. As for the second part. Do you know of any posts relates to my suggestion for the asset library?

Edited 1440602311
Gold
Forum Champion
Kaelev said: Thank you. As for the second part. Do you know of any posts relates to my suggestion for the asset library? Kaelev, thanks for asking. The bad news first, I'm not sure of which Suggestion is the best fit for this, if any. The functionality is in flux a bit since Marketplace appearance and the way it interacts with Art Library was recently modified in the last major update cycle "Interface Initiative". Now the good news! Steve from the Roll20 Dev Team has recently posted addressing the asset library appearance of Marketplace purchased art. Please read Steve's post on this recent thread on the Pro forum, Tagging Tokens <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2340328/tagging-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2340328/tagging-</a>... "We have on our road map and general overhaul of how marketplace items are stored, organized, and accessed."
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .