Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nested Macro Help: Rule of 10

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Now that nested macros are fully operational (yes, I'm a bit behind on my updates), I'm hoping someone smarter and savvier than myself can make this happen.  Especially since Roll Templates only work with inline rolls. Like a lot of d10 dice pool games, Witch Hunter uses the "rule of 10."  Essentially, your dice pool is capped at 10 dice.  For every 2 dice over 10 you would roll due to bonuses, you instead get +1 success.  A long time ago, a very smart person helped me out to incorporate this into a macro: /r [[(?{How Many Dice?})d1kh10]]d10!sd>7 +[[{0, floor(((?{How Many Dice?})-10)/2)}kh1]] bonus successes What I'd really like to know is if its possible to turn this into a nested macro so that I can turn the whole thing into an inline roll I can then incorporate into a roll template.  Or, is there a different way of approaching the same problem that would be suitable for a roll template? Help!

Edited 1440277837
Silvyre
Forum Champion
[[ [[(?{How Many Dice?})d1kh10]]d10!sd>7 +[[{0, floor(((?{How Many Dice?})-10)/2)}kh1]] [ bonus successes ] ]]
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm...I'll have to test this. The last time I tried just adding brackets it didn't work. At all.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If you encounter that issue again, post the roll template here.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Well what do you know!  It works!  Thanks, Silvyre.  This is going to help a LOT!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great!