Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

roll works in chat not in drop down query

Edited 1440431661
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I am sure there is an html substition or blank space missing but I am stumped. I have this working in an older version of this macro but cannot get to work with most current one. In the system Humans get an option to reroll 1s on boons (game specific tech). So this is not used all the time, but it will come up. /roll 5d6kh1r1 - works. It rolls 5d6, rerolls any 1's, and reports only the single highest result. perfect.  below is macro that is not working - bolded is the section that is dead (other two options work fine). Give blind crash (api still up, targeting window stays popped up on VTT, no output to chat). (HTLM codes for | and } are used as normal but they swapped to symbols in here) Boons/Banes:[[ [nh|$BB] ?{Roll Modifier|None, 0| Boon, {?{Number of Boons|1}d6}kh1r1 |Bane, {?{Number of Banes|1}t[BaneDice]}kl1 }  + 0d0]] This works perfectly (without the reroll - what I use most of the time)... without the r1 Boons/Banes: [[ [nh|$BB] ?{Roll Modifier|None, 0|Boon, {?{Number of Boons|1}d6}kh1|Bane, {?{Number of Banes|1}t[BaneDice]}kl1 }  + 0d0]]
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
wondering if maybe r1 does not work because there is no roll until after it looks at that since the number of dice is variable? which means that I might be able to break it up with more {([ ])} 's maybe - just not sure which ones... lol
I believe the kh1r1 belongs with the d6 ons|1}d6}kh1r1   should be ons|1}d6kh1r1} The kh1 works by itself because it can also be used to compare full dice rolls as well as the individual die's result.  You're only feeding it one roll though so it always applies regardless of the result.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Mark G. has the right of it. Boons/Banes:[[ [nh|$BB] ?{Roll Modifier|None, 0|Boon, ?{Number of Boons|1}d6kh1r1|Bane, ?{Number of Banes|1}t[BaneDice]kl1 }  + 0d0]]

Edited 1440434066
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I knew it was something to that effect but could not nail it down. Thank you Mark - it works perfectly once again!  Edit: and Silvyre who answered but I did not refresh before I replied.