Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Attributes and Abilities Add button - misplaced.

Edited 1440508990
Due to the extensive nature of the lists of attributes in particular and abilities as well (on the character journal), the add button should more properly be placed at the bottom of the existing list.  This behavior is clearly better than the existing issue of having to scroll up past a huge list once one develops each time you wish to add an element.  
I cannot find this post when I look in the suggestions forum.  Why not?
Gold
Forum Champion
series0 said: I cannot find this post when I look in the suggestions forum.  Why not? When you are in the Suggestions forum, click "Most Recent" at the top-right. Your post is displayed as one of the most recently commented posts. Another way is, use the Search bar field within the Suggestions forum, type "Attributes" for the search term and this thread is one of the results.
OK, TY.  I was looking at the default view which I assumed based on what I saw was sorted as most recent.  I had to find my post in my followed list.   No comment on the suggestion itself?
Gold
Forum Champion
It sounds like a valid suggestion, move the "Add" button to the BOTTOM of Attributes and Abilities, rather than the top where it currently is. It makes sense. I don't know that it's currently misplaced, but I understand the suggestion to improve the functionality by changing the placement to the bottom for users who have a long list of Attributes & Abilities and who actively engage with that particular tab of a Character Journal in game. Other than that I don't have a comment, it's up to other Suggestions commenters. Any official response and implementation would be from a member of the Roll20 Dev Team (the developers).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Might be nice to have the button at top and bottom.
Since the list jumps to the bottom when you hit the button, and the issue of not seeing the button is not there when the list is arbitrarily small, the bottom only will suffice as the better method.
The Aaron said: Might be nice to have the button at top and bottom. I concur with this thought. series0 said: Since the list jumps to the bottom when you hit the button, and the issue of not seeing the button is not there when the list is arbitrarily small, the bottom only will suffice as the better method. Not when I want to add an Attribute or Ability and I don't want to scroll through a long list to get to the Add button.
Ah, yes, that is true.  I sit in my chair corrected.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .