Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro assistance

Edited 1441063965
&{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{subtags=Casts Hail of Stone}} {{Action Time:=Standard}}{{Area= Cylinder (5-ft. radius, 40 ft. high)}}Duration:= [[1]] rounds}}{{Range:= [[100+10ft/level]] feet}}{{Save= None}}{{SR= Yes}}{{notes=You hold the jade chip before you and blow on it as you end the spell. The chip flares with a green flame and vanishes as rocks begin to fall on your pursuers. You create a rain of stones that deals 1d4 points of damage per caster level (maximum 5d4) to creatures and objects within the area.}}     Example macro This is a macro I set up for a spell, but I'm playing a beguiler and decided I wanted to have the spell prompt me for each catagory such as name, action time, area, duration, range, etc  How do I do this so that it'll actually show up.  I tried something along the line of {{Description ?{Spell Info| Insert Here}}  I got the prompt to show up, but was not able to get it to show up in macro.

Edited 1441064939
Silvyre
Forum Champion
That's a lot of Roll Queries . Might your character's needs instead be met by a single Roll Query that contains the information for each spell? If you strongly prefer the level of customization afforded by multiple Roll Queries, you could follow the syntax for Drop-Down Prompts for Roll Queries as outlined on the linked Roll20 Wiki page to accomplish what you're asking for. If a specific Roll Query is giving you difficulty, please post it here. Ensure that you're using the proper amount of closing braces; I noticed you're lacking one in your lattermost example. On a related sidenote, your Duration field is missing opening braces.

Edited 1441067012
Okay then lets use that I'll create spell for each one I plan to use but how do I convert my created spells into that ?{Which Cure spell are you casting?| Cure Light Wounds, **Cure Light Wounds** Target Regains [[1d8+5]] HP.| Cure Moderate Wounds, **Cure Moderate Wounds** Target Regains [[2d8+8]] HP.| Cure Serious Wounds, **Cure Serious Wounds** Target Regains [[3d8+8]] HP.} How would I get it to pull out the option to select the macro #Hail-of-Stone  or #whatever Because if I can get this macro to select from already created macros instead of it clustering my screen with macros I'd love this. Originally that was my intention was to cut down on the total number of macros on my screen.  I like this idea to pull from an prompt with option menu.  Now from here can you write me out, or explain how would I get it to pull out the option to select the macro #Hail-of-Stone or #whatever
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Please refer to this post as well as the Advanced Usage subsection of Using a variable with a Macro . Because your spell macros contain Roll Templates (which contain characters reserved for Roll Query syntax), you will be unable to call such macros from a Roll Query. Nonetheless, if you apply the character replacements (as specified in the aforementioned Wiki subsection) to the individual Roll Templates fields for each spell, you will be able to nest those fields as Dropdown values within a Roll Query. To provide an example, you could use this as a starting point: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{selected|character_name} }} ?{Spell|Choose one:|Hail of Stone, {{subtags=Casts Hail of Stone}} {{Action Time:=Standard}} {{Area= Cylinder (5-ft. radius, 40 ft. high)}} {{Duration:= [[1]] rounds}} {{Range:= [[100]]+[[10]] ft/level }} {{Save= None}} {{SR= Yes}} {{notes=You hold the jade chip before you and blow on it as you end the spell. The chip flares with a green flame and vanishes as rocks begin to fall on your pursuers. You create a rain of stones that deals 1d4 points of damage per caster level (maximum 5d4) to creatures and objects within the area.}}|...}