Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] TrackerJacker - Turn tracker combined with status/marker tracking

Edited 1443249197
Nothing stings quite like a TrackerJacker update 1.0 81: naming convention change Changed: the order of naming has changed, now it's journal name attribute -&gt; token name (if visible) -&gt; journal name. update 1.08: name validation for addstatus Fixed: empty name argument. update 1.07: player status add, secret statuses Added: Ability for players to add their own statuses to tokens they control (it's not possible for tokens they don't control without a large support structure).&nbsp;Uses the same &nbsp; !tj -addstatus syntax. Added: Ability to have secret hidden statuses on any token. Whenever a status is not assigned a marker, it's considered 'hidden'. Note that you can't currently assign an empty parameter for markers when editing, only on creating a new status and or applying a favorite that has no marker. Fixed: A rare issue with findCurrentToken where it would attempt to pull an element from an empty turn order. Fixed: A rare issue with updateAllTokenMarkers where the received token status string is undefined. update 1.01: Fixed: !tj -reset not performing as expected. Added: ability for !eot to work for the GM while the tracker is active. Added: ability for the tracker graphic to follow the token as it switches between the GM and token layers. TrackerJacker is a cousin to&nbsp; TurnMarker made by The Aaron . Its logic however is quite different, and more rigid in function to simplify the most common use-cases. Like&nbsp; TurnMarker , it uses a graphic image that follows beneath tokens to indicate who's turn it is. The only animation TrackerJacker supports is the spinning graphic which is on by default (to disable it you'd need to edit a simple script flag). The real function however of TrackerJacker is to track statuses and durations with an easily accessible graphical interface that's intuitive. TrackerJacker.... Provides basic turn tracking behavior: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/NRYEHJU.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/NRYEHJU.gif</a> In addition it has pausing support, allowing you to pause the tracker so the duration on statuses don't tick down. Or perhaps you wish to re-orient the turn order without affecting status durations currently in effect. Standard turn announcements as well as round announcements, closing the turn order automatically stops and clears the tracker for easy clean up. Players can use the command !eot to advance their turn if they have control of the token. Be aware: The tracker graphic moves to the GM layer before shifting so from the player's perspective it simply vanishes and appears again whenever the token moves or a turn advances. This was done to prevent players from following the graphic to reveal the position of enemies that are perhaps behind a light wall or within the FOW. If this enemy however is on the GM layer, it's a moot point since the tracker will be hidden as well, but it's useful for tactical combat that doesn't involve moving tokens between layers that don't need to be. Also if the enemy is close to a thin wall, they could probably still see the outline of the spinning tracker. Be aware: If you delete the current turn token (the head of the tracker), this will cause Roll20 to miss some updates in regards to the turn order. What will occur is the tracker won't move or update as internally the turn order on the campaign hasn't updated despite what you see on your end as a client. To avoid this, if you plan on removing a token at the head of the tracker, delete it from the turn order first before deleting the actual token to allow it to advance. If you find yourself caught having deleted the current turn's token (the head), then you'll need to advance the turn order forcing a double update to occur from Roll20. You can pause the tracker and re-orient the tracker for the skipped turn. Note that this is only for the token at the top of the order , if you delete a token anywhere else in the turn order, there will be nothing amiss. Allows multi-map turn tracking support: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/8etVEYU.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/8etVEYU.gif</a> The tracker can function across multiple maps for split parties! There is a minor graphical hiccup if you pause and unpause on different pages, but otherwise it functions as normal. Tracks statuses: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/KEdDyN3.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/KEdDyN3.gif</a> Easily tracks statuses, allowing you to create and add them on the fly. Markers are unique to each status, but it can also co-exist with other markers not used by any status until that marker is used by a status. Status attributes: Name: the name of the status.&nbsp; (global attribute) Marker : the marker associated with this status, should be unique among the applied statuses.&nbsp; (global attribute) Duration: the duration of the status. (always positive) Direction: the tick rate of the duration each round the token's turn comes up. (positive or negative) Message: Optional rider message describing the effect if needed, can include simple dice expressions. (leave blank for no value) A special note about markers: Markers are considered unique for each applied status. What this means is that the marker for say 'poisoned' cannot be the same marker for 'burning'. As you add statuses, it will inform you which markers are taken by which statuses. When you apply a favorite, it will refuse to apply the favorite, if the associated marker is already taken by an active effect. A special note about direction: The direction attribute is the 'tick rate per round' when the token's turn comes up of the duration. if the direction is set to 0, you have an infinite status and the duration becomes irrelevant (but the duration still needs to be &gt;0 to prevent it from expiring) . Infinite statuses are useful for durations you know will easily exceed the tactical round length (high level barkskin, bless, etc..) A positive number (+1,+2,1,2...) will increase the duration each tick which is useful for tracking rounds of rage used, or bardic performance and more. A negative number is the standard use-case for decreasing duration (-1,-2...). Allows editing of statuses: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/zzTJKcg.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/zzTJKcg.gif</a> Edit statues on the fly either by invoking the !tj -edit command or by clicking on the gear of the turn announcement. Be aware: When you edit global status attributes (the marker or the name) it will change for all tokens as reflects the status itself. Local attributes such as the message, duration, or direction are as stated, local. As to why this is, you can perhaps have a poison effect only do 1d2 strength damage which would mean one token would have a specific message, but the status across all the tokens would still be 'poison'. Allows group editing of statuses: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/pIReIjL.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/pIReIjL.gif</a> Edit a status across multiple tokens. Be aware: When you edit local attributes across a group of tokens, each token could potentially have different values. For instance Shield of Faith from two separate clerics would clearly have different durations. When you edit a local attribute across a group of possibly disparate values, you set all of them to the new value irregardless of the local contents of each. Uses a favorites system: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/3lwuzOv.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/3lwuzOv.gif</a> The favorites system allows you to save statuses to use later. There is however only one unified list so if you 'bank' every status you want to use, you'll end up performing a dictionary look up each time you want to apply them. Think of this as a hot list for statuses you use often. Perhaps your party is facing a bunch of spiders in the next encounter, so adding a favorite for their venom would make the combat flow easier. When you find a status you're not using much any more, you can remove it from the favorites list. A special note about favorites and their markers: As mentioned in the notes about statuses, markers are unique to each applied status. Favorites can be considered 'cookie cutter' statuses so they're not 'applied' until you apply them. Take the scenario where you have a 'poison' status on several tokens already active, now you want to apply a status 'black widow venom' from your favorites. If they use the same marker as an active status (in this case 'poison'), it will alert, and prevent you from doing so. A special note about editing and applying favorites: Favorites, being 'cookie cutter' statuses are not influenced by edits to their statuses once applied. For instance, if I apply a 'dazed' favorite to a goblin, then select the goblin to edit its local status, that will not change the saved favorite's 'mold'. A special note for power users: If you want to create a macro to directly apply favorites, perhaps prompting a drop down as opposed to the graphical menu (maybe you want to categorize them by types such as a drop down for different poisons, or buffs, etc...), the favorites system internally uses the command !tj -applyfav &lt;favorite name&gt; which you can use for your macros. A special note on naming conventions: When a token's turn comes up, the name used on the announcement will depend on four variables. 1. The attached journal if any 2. The attribute 'name' on the linked journal if any 3. The name of the token 4. Wither the player permissions 'see' is enabled for name First If there's an attached journal, and there is an attribute called 'name', that is the highest priority Second is the token name only if the permission for seeing the token name is true Third is the journal's name. Fourth is the token name under the same criteria as the second if there is not an attached journal. As a footnote, the ' agi ' button refers to my group initiative script:&nbsp; here To quickly get to speed with this script, I'd recommend the following marcos: Tracker-start (starts/pauses the tracker)&nbsp; !tj -start&nbsp; Tracker-reset (set, or reset the round count number)&nbsp; !tj -reset ?{round-start|1}&nbsp; Tracker-addstatus (adds a status)&nbsp; !tj -addstatus ?{name}:?{duration}:?{direction}:?{message}&nbsp; Tracker-editstatus (edit statues for selected tokens)&nbsp; !tj -edit&nbsp; Tracker-addfav (Add a favorite)&nbsp; !tj -addfav ?{name}:?{duration}:?{direction}:?{message}&nbsp; Tracker-listfavs (List your saved favorites)&nbsp; !tj -listfavs&nbsp; For a full list of options, use the command !tj -help Script: trackerjacker.js Good hunting Game Master
Alicia
Sheet Author
Some amazing work! I've always wanted the start, pause, and stop feature in Aaron's script. So glad you've added it to yours. I have my game in like an hour or I'd test it out. Instead I have a question:&nbsp;Will this work like Aaron's in that the players can end their turn?

Edited 1440974833
Ah yes, !eot does exist, I should have written somewhere about that. It'll only advance the tracker if the player has control of the current token. There's also another 'hidden' command. !tj -clear which I didn't add since it auto clears on close. The clear command pretty much stops the tracker in addition to clearing all statuses.

Edited 1440975370
Alicia
Sheet Author
Ken L. said: Ah yes, !eot does exist, I should have written somewhere about that. It'll only advance the tracker if the player has control of the current token. There's also another 'hidden' command. !tj -clear which I didn't add since it auto clears on close. The clear command pretty much stops the tracker in addition to clearing all statuses. I see !eot at the end of the command list. Maybe I missed it before. I was just skimming. Thanks for the quick response. Can't wait to test this out! EDIT : BTW: How would you go about using a Fav status?

Edited 1440975682
Alicia G said: EDIT : BTW: How would you go about using a Fav status? You press the Apply button that looks like a little clipboard with a pencil after you select the tokens you want. See the GIF under the Favorites section. I just added and updated the main post with the !eot message.
Alicia
Sheet Author
Ken L. said: Alicia G said: EDIT : BTW: How would you go about using a Fav status? You press the Apply button that looks like a little clipboard with a pencil. See the GIF under the Favorites section. I just added and updated the main post with the !eot message. K, it will probably make more sense once I start playing with it. I was just curious if there was a command in the event I wanted to make a macro using the new drop downs to make a selection.

Edited 1440975981
Alicia G said: Ken L. said: Alicia G said: EDIT : BTW: How would you go about using a Fav status? You press the Apply button that looks like a little clipboard with a pencil. See the GIF under the Favorites section. I just added and updated the main post with the !eot message. K, it will probably make more sense once I start playing with it. I was just curious if there was a command in the event I wanted to make a macro using the new drop downs to make a selection. There is a command, I hid it in lieu of the graphical interface. Internally it uses !tj -applyfav &lt;name of favorite&gt; which you can use for your marcos. I suppose it's an advanced feature in that regard for power-users. Most I'd wager like clicking buttons.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Where can I buy a TrackerJacker hat? &nbsp;Lol Can't wait to try this out. &nbsp;Thanks

Edited 1440989944
Alicia
Sheet Author
The !eot command doesn't work for the GM on tokens not controlled by them.. IMO it should work for the GM regardless of what token they have control over. I'm used to clicking my macro for !eot versus using the Next turn button on the Turn Tracker which is working Edit : Also I can't seem to get !tj -reset to work. When it arrives back at the counter when cycling through before giving the reset command and just proceeds onto the next number rather than being 2.
Alicia
Sheet Author
Been playing around with the statuses.. Is it possible for the message when it rolls to actually reference a Roll from a linked character sheet rather than a typed in roll ([1d20+5])? Something maybe like [{ConCheck}]? It wouldn't work for anything in repeating sections but for simple stuff that would be cool.

Edited 1440998010
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Very cool script Ken. &nbsp;Adding conditions/status to token's is painless. &nbsp;Nice. I agree with Alicia's points. A couple req/suggestions; 1. Would it be possible to also allow a roll for status duration? 2. How about a way to clear and possibly close the tracker as well? (background: turnmarker has a !clearInit function) Nevermind #2. &nbsp;Just noticed all goes away when you close the tracker.

Edited 1441004287
Alicia G said: The !eot command doesn't work for the GM on tokens not controlled by them.. IMO it should work for the GM regardless of what token they have control over. I'm used to clicking my macro for !eot versus using the Next turn button on the Turn Tracker which is working Edit : Also I can't seem to get !tj -reset to work. When it arrives back at the counter when cycling through before giving the reset command and just proceeds onto the next number rather than being 2. Oops, the -reset command was broken by a last minute refactor where I changed both the name of the command and the the strictness of the operators. It should be resolved now. Thanks for the heads up. I modified !eot to work for the the GM irregardless of control. Note that if the tracker is paused or stopped it won't work for obvious reasons. Alicia G said: Been playing around with the statuses.. Is it possible for the message when it rolls to actually reference a Roll from a linked character sheet rather than a typed in roll ([1d20+5])? Something maybe like [{ConCheck}]? It wouldn't work for anything in repeating sections but for simple stuff that would be cool. In a later version, sure; as of now I'm just making sure everything works as is. I'm also busy with other issues so it might be a long awhile before I even get back to this script as far as adding new features.&nbsp; update 1.01: Fixed: !tj -reset not performing as expected. Added: &nbsp;ability for !eot to work for the GM while the tracker is active. Added: ability for the tracker graphic to follow the token as it switches between the GM and token layers.

Edited 1441006029
Updated the OP, added more information regarding each feature. Let me know if there's anything that's unclear.

Edited 1441006225
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron's script in reference is TurnMarker not TokenMarker(although he'll probably have one written by morning...) Thanks for the updates.
Vince said: Aaron's script in reference is TurnMarker not TokenMarker(although he'll probably have one written by morning...) Thanks for the updates. Oops, fixed that.
As a final note, for those scanning the script, there is a flag for noarchive &nbsp;which under all circumstances I would be using, but the devs haven't fixed the odd repeated api command messages yet. Until that time, the noarchive flag will be off (so it will save the menus).&nbsp; For the Devs, are they going to look into what's wrong with this feature?

Edited 1441025656
Alicia
Sheet Author
In a later version, sure; as of now I'm just making sure everything works as is. I'm also busy with other issues so it might be a long awhile before I even get back to this script as far as adding new features.&nbsp; update 1.01: Fixed: !tj -reset not performing as expected. Added: &nbsp;ability for !eot to work for the GM while the tracker is active. Added: ability for the tracker graphic to follow the token as it switches between the GM and token layers. Thanks for the fixes. Understandable to get all the breaking bugs. I do have anotjer suggestion that I think would be useful Optional sort with start command ie, !tj -start descending I wrote up a couple query macros for the commands. Basicallt just compiling the commands into two macros. One for the turn tracker and the other for the statuses. I was finding my bar was filling up fast with all the other macros I keep on there. I'll get them up to show you once I figure our how to.force Ascii in the forums. I may just make a gist for it though. Edit : Here's the&nbsp; commands in roll queries . Admittedly I haven't fully tested the Status Marker one yet.
Wow... this is exactly what I was looking for when playing Pathfinder (with 5e conditions are fewer and a bit easier to track, but will likely still check ths out).&nbsp; If you were to combine this + the mythical unicorn (a.k.a. TheAaron's CharMod), you could have nearly a fully feature status tracking system for any game that automatically adjusted stats to go along with condition tracking.
What we need to fully exploit this script is custom status icons as per my suggestion thread. :D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Kevin said: &nbsp;the mythical unicorn (a.k.a. TheAaron's CharMod) Ouch! &nbsp;=D &nbsp; Almost done...

Edited 1441032141
Alicia G said: I do have anotjer suggestion that I think would be useful Optional sort with start command ie, !tj -start descending TrackerJacker doesn't deal with getting or setting initiatives, it leaves that for other scripts which you have options for. Many have custom scripts. I personally use&nbsp; AttrInit , others use Aaron's&nbsp; GroupInit script. I think if you're using the group init script, you need to disable pop opening of the turn order as TrackerJacker responds to that event. Alicia G said: Edit : Here's the commands in roll queries . Admittedly I haven't fully tested the Status Marker one yet. If you rely on closing the tracker to stop + clear it, you really don't need the pause/stop/clear options as start is a toggle for pause.
This is a brilliant tracker, especially the Status Tracker, it's perfect for my current 4E campaign where so much can happen. Thanks for making it. It's al
Really like it a lot, and will probably switch over, but I was wondering - how would I go about changing the color scheme?&nbsp; I'm not very adept w/HTML or Java, but I figured out where I can adjust some of the backgrounds, but I'd like to be able to change the font colors in the turn order announcement.&nbsp; What line is that code on?
One other thing - I seem to be getting double posts of everything to the chat. So, for example, setting a status to a selected token does this: Pretty much every event to the chat is doubled.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
can this be used to keep up with conditions (lowering all active ones duration 1 per round) IF I am not using the tracker?
If I may make a slight suggestion (and it's probably just me who's going to ask for it), perhaps adding a command that "starts" combat by sorting the initiatives and reseting the rounds to 1 (or 0, however people want to work that first round I guess). I know it doesn't take much to simply click a few buttons to get it all started normally, but it's just a thought.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Aaron said: Kevin said: &nbsp;the mythical unicorn (a.k.a. TheAaron's CharMod) Ouch! &nbsp;=D &nbsp; Almost done... LOL
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
HoneyBadger said: What we need to fully exploit this script is custom status icons as per my suggestion thread. :D The script does list all the url's for the status markers used. &nbsp;Couldn't they be swapped for other images? &nbsp;:-)

Edited 1441089247
Gozer the Gozerian said: One other thing - I seem to be getting double posts of everything to the chat. So, for example, setting a status to a selected token does this: Pretty much every event to the chat is doubled. That's the double execution error from Roll20, it's not related to the script. Re-saving any script to restart the sandbox will clear this error. SeanOG said: If I may make a slight suggestion (and it's probably just me who's going to ask for it), perhaps adding a command that "starts" combat by sorting the initiatives and reseting the rounds to 1 (or 0, however people want to work that first round I guess). I know it doesn't take much to simply click a few buttons to get it all started normally, but it's just a thought. Actually, Alicia asked as well, I already&nbsp; posted a response to her question above. Gozer the Gozerian said: Really like it a lot, and will probably switch over, but I was wondering - how would I go about changing the color scheme? I'm not very adept w/HTML or Java, but I figured out where I can adjust some of the backgrounds, but I'd like to be able to change the font colors in the turn order announcement. What line is that code on? See the design section : @LN84 You can also change the tracker graphic to suit your campaign at @LN69 . I personally have different tracker symbols for each of my campaigns. My mummy's mask campaign has a spinning eye of Horus, my reign of winter a frozen arcane symbol, etc... Vince said: The script does list all the url's for the status markers used. Couldn't they be swapped for other images? :-) I re-uploaded little images for each status for the GUI, what you're asking for isn't possible as they are set in stone.

Edited 1441089729
DK Heinrich said: can this be used to keep up with conditions (lowering all active ones duration 1 per round) IF I am not using the tracker? No, the tracker needs to be active to track statuses. It also clears all statuses and their markers when the turn order is closed or is manually stopped. (it will leave markers that aren't linked to a status alone)
Well, shows how much I read at night...
Gozer the Gozerian said: Really like it a lot, and will probably switch over, but I was wondering - how would I go about changing the color scheme? I'm not very adept w/HTML or Java, but I figured out where I can adjust some of the backgrounds, but I'd like to be able to change the font colors in the turn order announcement. What line is that code on? See the design section : @LN84 Yes, I did see that, but it seems that only changes the background.&nbsp; But, for example, I want the turn announce to be a medium grey background (to match output from the character sheet's roll template), but the font is either black or dark grey, and doesn't show up well against that background.&nbsp; I'd like a way to adjust font color as well. EDIT:&nbsp; Also, is it possible for the script to get the name displayed not from the character, but from the token name?&nbsp; I have some character sheets which serve for multiple tokens.&nbsp; I also use the Token Name Number script to number several identical tokens, but in the chat they all display with the same name.&nbsp; I'm assuming that's because the script is pulling from the Character name, not the Token name.

Edited 1443244971
Gozer the Gozerian said: EDIT:&nbsp; Also, is it possible for the script to get the name displayed not from the character, but from the token name?&nbsp; I have some character sheets which serve for multiple tokens.&nbsp; I also use the Token Name Number script to number several identical tokens, but in the chat they all display with the same name.&nbsp; I'm assuming that's because the script is pulling from the Character name, not the Token name. See the note on naming conventions. I mainly did this as a synergy for CGen which internally uses the display name of the name attribute over the token name. You can manually change this behavior at the function 'makeTurnDisplay' Disclaimer: this change is untested. by replacing: if ((journal = getObj('character',curToken.get('represents')))) { name = characterObjExists('name','attribute',journal.get('_id'));&nbsp; if (!name)&nbsp; {name = journal.get('name');} else&nbsp; {name = name.get('current');} } else if (curToken.get('showplayers_name')) { name = curToken.get('name'); } with: name = curToken.get('name');
Gozer the Gozerian said: Yes, I did see that, but it seems that only changes the background. But, for example, I want the turn announce to be a medium grey background (to match output from the character sheet's roll template), but the font is either black or dark grey, and doesn't show up well against that background. I'd like a way to adjust font color as well. Currently I don't have a design flag for that, you could scout around the functions for the display building functions and change them there. In the near future given the simplicity of it, I could add it, but currently I don't have much time.

Edited 1441135154
Is it possible, or will it become so, to apply a status via a target function, e.g.: applying a Hunter's Mark as a player? At the very least, are there plans to allow players to apply favorites/statuses to their own tokens?
SeanOG said: Is it possible, or will it become so, to apply a status via a target function, e.g.: applying a Hunter's Mark as a player? At the very least, are there plans to allow players to apply favorites/statuses to their own tokens? I don't have plans to currently support this, but I can see the utility; If there's a verification system for the GM to approve the status application. Perhaps for a future version at a later point in time.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Ken, First of all, thanks for the great script - excellent work here. I am using a script to load and sort initiative (savage worlds uses cards for initiative) and the script seems to always miss the fact that there is a new token on the top of the turn order - the one going first. Here's an example of what's getting marked at the started of the round once inits are sorted. &nbsp;TJ is still highlighting the token from the bottom of last round's order. &nbsp;It is also not announcing that it is Tenk's turn in chat. &nbsp;If I issue the !eot command, TJ moves to the second token in the order and functions as expected. &nbsp; I am using the macros you provided to call the TJ script. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Edited 1441286655
Pat said: ... I am using a script to load and sort initiative (savage worlds uses cards for initiative) and the script seems to always miss the fact that there is a new token on the top of the turn order - the one going first. .... Any thoughts on what might be going on? Roll20 works in a way such&nbsp;that whenever a script alters an object, the act of the script altering the object doesn't trigger an event. in this case, TJ listens to the turnorder:change event which fires whenever the turn order updates. Here you have a script that alters the turn order, and I'm assuming that you have TJ running when you get new initiatives from the script. Since another script is altering the turn order, the turnorder:change event isn't fired, so as far as TJ is concerned, nothing happened despite what you see as a client (API events are different from what is received by the client (you+players). TJ can't act on what it doesn't receive unless it performs a polling behavior which is messy, (as it is effecient to act on events as opposed to 'are we there yet?' ) but what you can do is pause the tracke r before you get new initiatives, then un-pause it once they're loaded as TJ fetches the turn order after a resume/start/stop. Since !tj -start is a toggle, you don't need any extra macros. Just know that whenever you resume or after an initial start, TJ doesn't announce the 'starting' turn which will pose a problem for a game such as yours where you're constantly getting a new initiative. This is because 'pausing' was meant to re-orient the tracker and not have statuses tick down. For your case you'd want it to tick down since after each 'round' where you shuffle the initiative, whoever is at the start, you want their statuses to tick down, else their statuses would last a round longer than they should. You can edit the status on that token to compensate for the shirt however, and depending on when you shuffle (before/after round marker) you may have to add duration back to a token whose turn should not have occurred. A curious case for this is if you constantly paused/un-paused the tracker the status would tick down on each resume which is why TJ does not perform this behavior. You can alter the script as you please but for the base script, I'd rather this not be the norm.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks for the explanation Ken!
So i just started using trackerjack/agi for my dnd5e game. &nbsp;One thing I kind of would like to be able to do is to have it reroll iniative at the beginning of every new turn. &nbsp;How would i be able to accomplish this? &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Savare said: So i just started using trackerjack/agi for my dnd5e game. &nbsp;One thing I kind of would like to be able to do is to have it reroll iniative at the beginning of every new turn. &nbsp;How would i be able to accomplish this? &nbsp; You can use&nbsp; Group Initiative . &nbsp;You can manually reroll init for everyone currently on the tracker. &nbsp;You could even make a feature req to add the ability to automatically reroll every round. &nbsp;I know certain games use that mechanic.
Savare said: So i just started using trackerjack/agi for my dnd5e game. &nbsp;One thing I kind of would like to be able to do is to have it reroll iniative at the beginning of every new turn. &nbsp;How would i be able to accomplish this? &nbsp; Agi can also reroll init by selecting the tokens and executing the marco again. Read&nbsp; here for more details on things to look out for.
Having problems with the API. When I try to add status it always gives this response:&nbsp;Invalid status item syntax. Also, when I try to add a favorite status it gives this response:&nbsp;Invalid favorite status syntax. And when I try to reset the tracker it does nothing at all. Any help would be appreciated as I wanted to start using this in my next game, which starts in approximately 1 hour. Thanks guys.
What are the exact commands, word for word that you're using for each of the three cases? Also are you using the correct syntax as it's giving pretty clear feedback. Are you using the provided marcos or are you typing each manually?

Edited 1441788810
Ken L. said: What are the exact commands, word for word that you're using for each of the three cases? Also are you using the correct syntax as it's giving pretty clear feedback. Are you using the provided marcos or are you typing each manually? Ok, so I got the reset to work, just had to figure the correct format for it. The first issue adding a status - I'm trying to use it just like it looks in the video you made for it using&nbsp;!tj -addstatus [name]:[duration]:[direction]:[message], but I'm not sure how to get it to show up like it does in your video where you select the status and type in the input box. I just copied and pasted the info into a macro to try to make it easier to set that up. And to try to add favorites I do the same thing I copy and paste directly from the help menu and put it into a macro using this code -&nbsp;!tj -addfav [name]:[duration]:[direction]:[message], and that's when I get the syntax error. Edit: Just tried again with adding a status by going through and typing everything in like this: !tj -addstatus [Poison]:[5]:[-1]:[You have been poisoned.] and still got a syntax error. I tried using this also after selecting a token as well as a few tokens and got this error message -&nbsp;Invalid status item syntax. 2nd Edit: &nbsp;Ok, so I just tried the -addstatus with "!tj -addstatus Poison:5:-1:You have been poisoned" and that worked. Next question, how do I get it to bring up the input box instead of having to type all that every time, so that I can have just 1 macro to choose several different statuses? Is there a way to make it so the players can see the status message in chat as well?
Arthur B. said: 2nd Edit: &nbsp;Ok, so I just tried the -addstatus with "!tj -addstatus Poison:5:-1:You have been poisoned" and that worked. Next question, how do I get it to bring up the input box instead of having to type all that every time, so that I can have just 1 macro to choose several different statuses? Is there a way to make it so the players can see the status message in chat as well? Please read the initial posting regarding recommended macros. Status messages (tick down duration) is announced on turns, not during placement and I don't have plans to change that unless you wish to modify the script for your own use. I only intend to support the base vanilla script. Regarding saving statuses, there's a favorite system also described and noted in the initial posting, please read the provided instructions unless you're referring to something else.&nbsp;

Edited 1441926388
Ok, trying to use the !tj -applyfav tag with drop down menu to no avail. Here is the code I'm trying to use to make it work so I can just select on from a list of already saved statuses: &{template:default} {{name= Conditions}} {{Action= You have been affected by a certain condition. Details to follow!}} {{Effect= ?{Which effect would you like to choose?|Blind, **Blind** !tj -applyfav blinded|Charmed, **Charmed** !tj -applyfav charmed}}} When it completes the macro this is what I get back: Conditions Action You have been affected by a certain condition. Details to follow! Effect Charmed !tj -applyfav Any help would be appreciated. P.S. Tried to use !tj -applyfav blinded with and without the "&lt;&gt;" markers to very similar effect. Edit: &nbsp;When I try to use just !tj -applyfav blinded, etc... it makes a drop down menu and applies the said status, but it doesn't look too nice. This is the code I use with just the saved statuses: ?{Effect?|!tj -applyfav blinded|!tj -applyfav charmed|!tj -applyfav deafened} Like I said this one works, but not too nice looking.
Arthur B. said: Ok, trying to use the !tj -applyfav tag with drop down menu to no avail. Here is the code I'm trying to use to make it work... See Alicia's post above regarding her marcos, you don't really need the !tj command in the drop down you could: !tj -applyfav ?{Buffs|Bless|Bulls strength|Bear's endurance|Cat's Grace|Shield of faith}
Is it possible to create messages with line breaks? :o