Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting & Blindsight/Tremorsense

Edited 1441300417
Good morning! I did some reading of the  Dynamic Lighting Examples and for Blindsight it says: Blindsight Characters with blindsight are able to see in ways that don't actually involve normal light. This means that out to a certain radius, usually 60ft, they "see" without light. To represent this we'll create a "light source" for that token, that only that token can see. What separates it from acting like a Lantern is that the All Players See Light box is not checked. For example, tremorsense of 60ft would look like: Light Radius = "60" All Players See Light = "Unchecked" However, when I did the above, the "sight" could not penetrate the dynamic lighting wall/door borders. Something with Tremorsense (such as a Bulette), actually feels when someone comes into its 60' range, regardless of walls or doors. My fix was that I put a light grey 60' aura on the token that only I could see, but is there any way to have a light/sight diameter that CAN go through walls and the like? Or is the aura on the token the best way to represent this?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Currently, as you correctly surmised the aura is your best way of representing the bulette's non-visual sense range.