Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Can I get some help with a custom Character Sheet (Dungeon World)?

I've created a custom character sheet based off of the Dungeon World character sheet code.  I've basically just copied the code, added a roll template (also based off of the World of Darkness and Apocalypse World sheet), changed the way that Experience is calculated, and added a couple of extra die rolling buttons.  The problem that I'm having doesn't seem (to me) to be related to any changes I've made, but it might be, so I'm asking for help. Now, I've linked tokens for my players to their character sheet, and linked Bar 1 to hp, and Bar 2 to xp.  But sometimes, the Max values of both of those items don't show up on the token when I pull it onto the tabletop, and the bar goes away.  This seems to happen when I have multiple tokens on the tabletop (either on one page or on separate pages).  But it's not consistent.  Sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't.  For reference, both of those Max values are calculated by code in the character sheet.  I didn't change anything about how hp is calculated, but I did change the math for xp. Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?
No help for old uncle Gozer?  What a shame...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Might be worth posting your code for the calculated max fields, the lack of consistency in the error worries me more than anything else lol.
Ok, I'll give it a go...although, I'm not really a coder.  I just took the code and tweaked a couple little things - here's the section where the XP and HP are calculated (as far as I can tell): <div> <div>Level</div> <input type="number" name="attr_level"> </div> <div> <div>XP</div> <input type="number" name="attr_xp_max" value="@{level}+@{level}+10" disabled="true"> <span>/</span> <input type="number" name="attr_xp"> </div> <div> <input type="checkbox" title="show/hide" name="attr_hp-show" /> <div>HP</div> <input type="number" name="attr_hp_max" value="@{basehp} + @{constitution}" disabled="true"> <span>/</span> <input type="number" name="attr_hp"> <div>Base HP</div> <input type="number" name="attr_basehp" placeholder="Base"> </div> So, the only part I changed here from the original sheet is the way that the attr_xp_max is calculated (I changed it from your level + 7 to twice your level +10) It may be worth noting that on the attributes section of the character sheet, there is no value for the max of either HP or XP shown, but when I assign the token's value of a bar to XP and HP, a bar comes up for both of them.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Max is a disabled field, so it won't show up in the attributes & abilities tab.  That's normal.  I created a test campaign with your code (added @{constitution} to get hp_max to work).  For me, if you copy and paste the tokens(linked to the sheet), they appear to loose the max amount.  If I drag/drop from the sidebar, they retain the max amount.  I also tested with the PF sheet using a max attribute and it had the same behavior.  Might be a bug.
Vince, yeah, I just tested the copy-paste thing, and it does the same behavior for me.  Dragging from the sidebar keeps the max.  I guess I could continue to just drag the tokens out every time I open a new page, but I kind of like being able to switch pages and have the tokens on multiple pages.  It works that way in my D&D campaign (with the 1e sheet you so helpfully got into shape), but not on this one.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's a strange behavior for sure.  I can't recall it working like this in the past.
So, is this a bug?  Does this need to be moved to the bugs forum?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Seems like a bug to me.  Maybe throw a test case at the Devs and see what they say.  I got the same behavior with the PF sheet, so I don't think it's specific to your DW sheet.
Submitted a bug report: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2430246/copied-a" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2430246/copied-a</a>...