Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nested Computed Dice Roll

Hi!  I'm hoping someone can help me with the syntax on some spell macros I'm working on. 3.5e Wild Mage needs to roll 1d6 to modify the caster level of any spell she casts.  It's actually Caster level -3 + 1d6. So if I cast fireball (normally 1d6 per caster level), it would be (caster level -3 + 1d6)d6.  I can't seem to get the die roller to acknowledge the "d6" on the outside of the parenthesis. Any suggestions?

Edited 1441585932
Silvyre
Forum Champion
[[ (caster level -3 + [[1d6]])d6 ]]
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Or if you want to ensure that the caster level -3 is a 1 minimum you can use: [[ ([[{@{selected|casterlevel} -3,1}kh1]] + [[1d6]])d6 ]] I've assumed you are using Diana's 3.5 sheet for the attribute name and you can ofcourse drop the selected| if using it as an ability on your sheet.