Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Seeking a Pathfinder or D&D 5e Game

Hey there! My name is Jason, I am 31 years old and have been playing Pathfinder and a bit of D&D 5e. on roll20 for a little over a year now as both a player and a GM. I like to play and create interesting characters for games which leads me to lean a little more towards RPing types of games rather then just combat. However this doesn't mean I am against dungeon crawl type of games. I usually think outside the box when solving problems and often tend to like a nice mix of both role play and combat in my games. I have a very short experience playing D&D 5E and I am interested in playing more of it, however I specialize more in playing Pathfinder. I am looking to play either one but I tend to lean more to Pathfinder as I love the customization options it gives along with a constant supply of new books each month. I am hoping to find a game that runs either on Thursday or Sunday. Only time I have to myself is anything after 8:00 PM EST and I am good to go for as long as possible at night. I know this is sometimes hard to find, but I would prefer to be in a game that has players and a GM who favor dedication and being on time. I dislike being part of a game that has players who are a crap shoot when it comes to them showing up and end up bringing a game to entire halt because they didn't show. I would also prefer to be part of a group that is close to my age range (21-35). This doesn't mean I won't play with younger or older players. Hoping to hear a response soon!
Hey!  I'm Andrew.  30 years old.  I've been playing RPGs for about ten years now.  I'm experienced as a player and as a GM, I've even created a few homebrewed systems and played several other homebrews (most of my friends homebrew games).  I'm more familiar with Pathfinder, so I would prefer that game over D&D, but if we were to do 5e, I would be willing to learn.  However, I have no experience here on Roll20.  I've have a few nibbles at some groups, but nothing has panned out so far, so I'm really looking for a committed group to play an Adventure Path with or something like that. My favorite thing about RPGs is the story that is told.  Though I do enjoy a dungeon crawl, I'm also into the RPing elements of the game more than anything else.  My real life group that meets Monday nights are going though the Kingmaker AP, and it's been a blast so far.  I would GM, but I'm not familiar with Pathfinder's rules just yet to feel comfortable GMing.  I'm looking to just be a player for now.  My availability is: Tuesday nights (5:00 - 11:00 PM), most Friday nights (6:00 - 11:00 PM), and most Sunday nights (5:00 PM - 12:00+ AM). EST.  So, Sunday at 8:00 would work for me.  And unless something comes up last minute, or I'm on vacation, I will be able to be consistent.

Edited 1441916643
That is cool. Are you running something then and looking for players? Or just fishing for something?
Nope, I'm not running anything; fishing for a group to join.  But I'd be willing to form a group with you if that's what you're looking for.  I just don't want to GM, I'd rather be a player for my first game on Roll20.  :-/ 
So you are just piggybacking on my ad then? :-/
These ads get more responses if they are a group., than singly.  It's 20 or more players to 1 DM.  So if no one is willing to DM, form a group, you'll find one just slightly easier than hoping a DM will just "Appear" then "Hire you." Good luck to you both. I run 5 games evey two weeks already. So I am not your DM to be. So you both seem to be looking for mostly pathfinder, RP heavy, probably sundays. Could work. Good luck , and welcome to the community.
@Jamerific - Yeah, pretty much.  Sorry, I assumed you were trying to get a group together, so I figured I'd throw my name into the hat.  If that's not what you were doing and I hijacked your ad, I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were doing.  
Jamerific said: So you are just piggybacking on my ad then? :-/ Also, we GMs almost always take the OP if we are targeting a single recruit.  So it doesn't hurt you in any way, and it can snowball into a group!  So, basically only positives!