Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Flashing d20 on a crit and/or fumble, d10+d00 change, & "V" to inspect token ideas

So.... to be blunt, I think  this is the correct place for such a posting, but if you're an admin, please feel free to delete and/or move this post if you see fit! I was curious as to the possibility of having the 3D dice flash, specifically a d20 flash when it lands a 20? And is it possible, with today's java code, to allow multiple players dice to remain on the board simultaneously, i.e. "everyone roll a perception check" and everyone does a /r d20 and all the dice roll on the table at the same time, easily identifiable by the corresponding player/dice color Also curious if, when rolling d100, if one of the d10s could be modified to be 10-00 instead of 1-0? Reason being, I run one of the well-known java applets for Roll20 that hides different parts of the interface and it's pretty cumbersome to have to toggle the side pane on and off with "W" every time a d100 is rolled. Also-also, currently you can only hit "V" to zoom a token's picture for detailed viewing if you're the owner. Is that something that can be changed? My current scenario is as follows: I have my laptop connected to a TV we use as a Roll20 map/grid. The DM has his GM screen on his own machine (obviously) even though we're all gathered around the same TV/table. Currently, every time we enter a new room, he has to modify control of one or more baddies and give me control over it so I can select and zoom the token. He's unable to give me control over every NPC token on the map at the same time, because then they all show up even with the FoW turned on.... though, admittedly, we haven't tried giving me control over all tokens, but having them on the GM layer and then moving them to the token layer as we reach the room. Anyone here can go ahead and nix that idea if they know it won't work. Thoughts? Ideas? Comments from the peanut gallery? Thanks in advance, Agnati

Edited 1441985973
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Agnati, since these sound like suggestions for the most part I would go ahead and create a thread in the suggestions forum, however you would only need to do so for the 'flashing d20' and simultaneous dice display idea as I have some good news on the others for you. The team are already working on a 00-90 skin for the tens d10 :) You DM can just use shift+Z to push the zoom onto everyones screen which will prevent the need to assign control etc :) Also the API forum is for discussion topics centred around the API, a Pro level perk which allows custom scripts to be run in games so i'll move this to general on-topic for now. Thanks
Awesome. Thanks for your reply and your time, Ziechael! I'll make that other post now.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Agnati said: Also curious if, when rolling d100, if one of the d10s could be modified to be 10-00 instead of 1-0? Reason being, I run one of the well-known java applets for Roll20 that hides different parts of the interface and it's pretty cumbersome to have to toggle the side pane on and off with "W" every time a d100 is rolled. I believe this is in the pipeline already. Agnati said: Also-also, currently you can only hit "V" to zoom a token's picture for detailed viewing if you're the owner. Is that something that can be changed? I don't know where you're getting V to zoom tokens, but normally it's Z to zoom on a token your control, and the GM can hit Shift+Z to zoom a token for all players.
Right on both accounts, Brian. Yeah, I knew it was Z to zoom a token... I have no idea why I kept using V. /facepalm Thanks!