Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Macro shows values in hidden token bars

One of my players found a trick that helps him to look at values in any token bar, including hidden one. It's a way to know f.ex. monster's hit points and any information written in the bars, and this encourages metagame thinking. /talktomyslef command helps to hide execution of the macro from GM and fellow players. I think it's a very strong seduction for players, especially in higly lethal campaigns and/or systems. Steps to Reproduce the Problem 1. Write the following macro: 2. Click on any token 3. Look at value of the bar and make a metagame decision.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
This is not a bug.
Unfortunately, as Silvyre says... this is working as intended. I pushed for an option to hide attributes from @{target} when it was first implemented. I got ignored. Your only solution is to not use bars for monsters and use a custom attribute with a name that player's can't guess.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You don't even need /talktomyself, as you can whisper to yourself.
Brian said: You don't even need /talktomyself, as you can whisper to yourself. Yeah, but if you whisper to your character name, it sends that whisper to everyone that has control of that character... which might include the GM. Then they'd know you were cheating.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As stated, this is not a bug but essentially a social issue. A GM should discourage players from 'cheating' in this way but other than not using the bars or existing sheet attributes for hit points there is no sure fire way to prevent it. Ultimately a player is robbing themselves of the fun of the game and only harming their own enjoyment. If it becomes too much of a problem simply remove the player from the game. I'll close this thread as it is not a bug.