Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Item and Map/Tabletop Tinting

I think the ability to tint items (textures, tokens, everything else) and the whole map is a very vital tool that is missing from the editor. With the ability to tint items we could create multiple variants on the same token, item, textures, anything. The ability to tint the map/tabletop is a must as it allows us to set the mood. We could tint it blue to set the map as night, green/grey for a hazy swamp, dark red for hell, etc. Oh, and the ability to save these tints is a *must* so we can tint things on the fly.
Hi Theyain, thanks for the suggestion. Token tinting is actually a feature that should be arriving in the near future, so keep your eye on the changelog for updates.
Will do! I do still think that map tinting is important as well.
@ Theyain: By tinting the map, do you mean what was discussed in your thread about night setting? <a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/2417/setting-as-night#Item_5" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/2417/setting-as-night#Item_5</a>
@Patrick Yup. I know I can create overlays but that can be a bit ridiculous if you need to apply one quickly and you're dealing with a massive map.
Yes, it would be easier to apply what would be a colored texture on a full map instead of making an overlay. That's a good idea, I think.
This suggestion has surprised me, and it looks interesting; I made some tinted variation of tokens for mood and lighting using an image app, not inside a virtual tabletop. Making it possible to do it inside Roll20 would speed things very much in this sense, and it could be easier to make color changes on the fly.
I saw the other thread as well and think this would be awesome especially if it were similar to the "Fog of War" tool and you could make a red overlay near lava in a dark overlayed cavern. :O