Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Dm Looking for some players! 4th Edition

After being a PC for some offline and online games here on roll 20, I think I am going to give DMing a try. I will be using 4th Edition, mainly because I have more books for 4e than anything else. This is going to be fluid, as I would like my players input on diffrent things as well. Time: I am thinking about 8pm CST (GMT-5) start time on either Mon, Wens, or Thurs. MAYBE Sunday evening, if that works better for more people. Character Rules: I want you to make sense. Meaning: If you have something "weird" in regards of race or class combination, just have a good backstory as to why you have a Dwarf wizard or a Gnome barbarian. NO power gaming. Meaning:No dump stats, if your wizard has a charasima score of 6, you would have the charm of a skunk and no one would want to party with you. I prefer using a standary array, but as long as it makes sense, its fine. No rule nazis please, I am sure I will mess up some rule here and there or bend things a little bit. I prefer good roleplayers. Send me a link to your character sheet and a brief backstore, it doesnt need to be completly done, but I would prefer atleast a general outline. Try to include some personality quirks or flaws, it makes roleplaying fun :) You can contact me via Skype Raistlincf05
Update: Good questions have been sent to me I should have put in the post. Characters will be level 1, 20 point buy, and 100gp to spend. No magic items or anything of the nature. Setting is standard 4E as in the core books. I prefer to stick to the first 2 players books if possible, anything outside that needs to be cleared first
Bump
I'm looking for a game. I've never played 4e, but I have a few books of it lying around, and I can certainly say I understand the rules.
What times are good for you?
The times you listed are perfectly fine with me, if we're talking about a game that runs about once a week. Also, have any other player signed up so far? Just want to know.
I have 3 guys (myself and 2 others from another campaign) who are desperately looking for a 4e campaign to play. We're all EST, but 7pm and most weeknights are fine by us. We are VERY interested in getting in on this, so please let me know.
I'll join as well. Fun > Rules!
If times listed are ok for you, make me a sheet and send it to me
I am also very keen to get in on this. I have about a years experience as DM but comparatively little as a PC. Let me know what we have and ill happily make a character to round out the group.
Hey there! I saw the post made on reddit for this (<a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/lfg/comments/zxmvl/online_dm_and_player_looking_for_more_players/" rel="nofollow">http://www.reddit.com/r/lfg/comments/zxmvl/online_dm_and_player_looking_for_more_players/</a>), and I'd just like to ask for confirmation on one fact. Here it says that you're looking for Monday / Wednesday / Thursday session times, but on reddit it is listed as Friday / Saturday. I'm assuming that this thread trumps the reddit thread, but I'd just like to make sure (as I could only make Thursday or Friday sessions). I'm also in EST, and I'm free 6PM and later on either day. Hope to hear from you soon!
Right, im not sure why that thread says fri/sat. Wen or Thur is looking like the most... compatible times so far. I have character sheets for a Druid, Ranger, and Avenger so far.
I posted the reddit thread, sorry about the wrong time. I was mistaken.
I'm new to 4e as well; I've played for only a few months but only as a DM (of an all-newbie group). I want to play as a PC but I don't know anyone else that can DM. I can play any day, except for wednesdays. Also I'm in EST.
Hey, I am interested in this campaign, and I was wondering if there is still room for another player. I have a few character concepts in my mind, but nothing solid yet. Just checking if there's room.
Send me a character sheet, I think we can get 1-2 more
Are you still looking for players? I'm down to join. I have lots of experience with 4e in both DMing and playing
I would be up for this, though looking to run a Monk if possible. the time would be cool if it was monday or thursday.
I think we are now full for this, if that changes I will update.
no worries. just throwing my name out there.
First game is Thursday at 8pm CST (GMT -5). If you want to be an alternate, get a character sheet ready and message me, and if someone doesnt show I will message you soon after 8pm and give you their spot
Hey Sorry for the late post, but i'd like to sign up as an Alternate just in case, I'm looking for a good 4e game, and the time zone works well for me. I've done up a level 1 char sheet for a paladin Defender, I can send it through if you'd like.