Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] Macro order with Token Macros & Global Macros

Add ten macros/token actions to your character sheet. Click nine of them with  Show as Token Action  and then add a macro from the Campaign Settings tab as a token action. Select the token associated with that character sheet and the macros will show up in the proper order with the settings tab macro showing up at the end. Add the tenth macro as a token action from the character sheet and this will disrupt the order. It does this every time you have ten token actions shown and one or more global macros showing as token actions on the settings tab.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
And is this with the Token Action Alphabetization turned on or off?
Yeah. They show up in order you want them until you add that tenth macro.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
It happens regardless of whether you've got it toggled? (Just trying to be clear here, and I haven't finished waking up yet)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This is a known bug which will likely be addressed in the future updates to the way Token Actions are sorted. Your very detailed reproduction instructions will certainly be useful while testing that feature. 
The Aaron said: This is a known bug which will likely be addressed in the future updates to the way Token Actions are sorted. Your very detailed reproduction instructions will certainly be useful while testing that feature.  I knew it was an existing bug, but having discovered it only happens upon toggling the tenth macro... that was new to me knowledge. Should make it easier to figure out why.
And this is with alpha off. If I turn alpha on, they stay in alpha order regardless of the number of macros.
I will make sure this is marked down as something for us to address with our API update.