Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fog of War/Dynamic Lighting Idea

I like the looks of the new dynamic lighting system (although there are some things that seem... weird), however it is lacking a useful feature of the old Infinity Engine games (E.g. Baldur's Gate). In the old games FoW worked to ways. If there was an area you have never been to/have not seen, it was pitch black. However if there was an area that you had been to but you were not currently there it would just be dark and you could only see the background stuff (in Roll220, think of the map layer). I think this is vital as it would let players still see the areas they have already been to, but not items, NPCs, or anything of the like. This would allow them to make plans with out needing me to re-describe everything (like if they knew the layout of the fort, just not the locations of NPCs, traps, and what not).
This has come up several times and does sound cool, it isn't on the short-list of new features right now though. We will be looking into it eventually.
Awesome!