Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lightning Between players not updating.

I've canceled my subscription until I know I can get this working because it could be an issue with me but I'm thinking it is a problem with the game.  Now I use roll20 a bit different than intended I'm sure. I host in person games, but we sit around an tv built into a table that runs roll 20. Because of the many tools roll20 offers us, we usually just sit around the table with our computers and use minis on a map. Then came dynamic lightning.  I was trying to set it up where I could put tokens out for all the players, and I would set the light radius (since we all have darkvision anyway) to their appropriate distances. I noticed by doing this, along with setting the check box "all players see light" works actually really well for the account that is ran on the big tv. But the issue we were seeing is, only some of the players would update .
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you be more specific about what you mean by "only some of the players would update?" In your setup, can you verify that the account for the TV can control all the player tokens?
Would it be possible to attach some screenshots of what it looks like for some of the players and what it should look like?
I think the way we have it setup is, players have uploaded their sheets and have tokens that have traits given to it from who ever drags it onto the screen.  Do you think the issue may actually stem from my tv account not have rights to each characters in the "edit" screen of each character?
Could you get some screenshots of it next time it occurs?  I would also try adding control of the tokens on the TV account too. More than one player can have control of a token so that shouldn't be an issue.