Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier: Add Search and Sort Options

Score + 198

Edited 1569881576
Jen
Pro
As far as I can tell, the Transmogrifier defaults to listing all resources i n the order they were created . (Edited 9/30/2019 to revise that statement: Now the default sort is alphabetical, but I would still like search and sort options, so this suggestion remains.)  When looking for a particular resource to copy from one campaign to another, it would be much easier if we could search by name or choose what to sort by (alphabetical, date created.)  The Transmogrifier is one of the great resources for Pro-level subscribers, so making it more useful will hopefully help make the Pro level more attractive. Thanks for considering!

Edited 1504474143
Jen
Pro
P.S.: I hear we can use Control-F to find an instance on the page by name, but that's not as user-friendly. Edited: Nevermind that. Someone suggested that as a solution but it doesn't work. Edited again: So it works in some browsers, seems to depend... either way, a native solution within Roll20 would be the user-friendly approach.
Search and/or sorting within the Transmogrifier would greatly enhance and already great tool.  I upvote this suggestion :) Pixelscapes said: P.S.: I hear we can use Control-F to find an instance on the page by name, but that's not as user-friendly. Edited: Nevermind that. Someone suggested that as a solution but it doesn't work. I use Firefox.  When I'm in the Transmogrifier I select "find" in the menu bar.  Then type what I'm looking for in the bottom " Find in page " field. Hope that helps.

Edited 1455233729
Jen
Pro
Ahah, sounds like it works in some browsers but not others, then. Good to know. I do still think we need more user-friendly sort options or at least a more user-friendly default sort than FIFO. Tragically, after four months and seeing how many other suggestions are out there, I really doubt this will ever happen. But here's hoping! Thanks for the vote. :D

Edited 1455201152
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Never lose heart, I'm just waiting on a vote to be free'd up and then i'll be adding mine here too, these things snowball once the forums are drawn to them ;) +1 in written form until i have a vote!
Yes this is a needed feature. +1
+1 here.. For now, I use ctrl-f to find what I need in the browser.
All this momentum -- great! Thanks all.
+1
+1
Thank you! :) Seems like basic usability to me... hope they implement this someday.

Edited 1477802017
Villagelder
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1 I concur. We need this soon. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, just down on the priority list.
Not sure this fits 100% here but I would also be interested in it also having the folders of the campaigns and the functionality to shift the whole folder collectively from one to another, I use the transmog tool a lot and although I love it and im thankful to have it a better functionality to find files among the possibly 100's of items would be a massive help. +1

Edited 1479966190
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
This listing issue, listed in order added, also happens when trying to select audio to 'Play on Load'.  Simple sorting or auto sorting should be added everywhere this issue come sup. I wish I had a vote to give but I am maxed out. +1
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 I have huge playlists that I would like to transfer between games. To be able to drag my battle music playlist from game to game would make things so much easier!
Thanks everyone. Hope we can get some more votes. In my wildest dreams, this will hit front page of the Suggestions forum!
This is definitely needed, thanks for the suggestion. 
+1 Alphabetic would be enough to be really helpful!
Z
Pro
Sheet Author
+1, once I have a vote to give
+1 Search for transferring large playlists would make it so much easier
+1
+1

Edited 1497026500
Jen
Pro
Any other takers for this one?  
Devs, please. I beg of you to make the transmogrifier searchable and in alphabetical order. For. The. Love. Of. All. Things. Holy. P.S. love you guys and can't stop/won't stop playing games on roll20.

Edited 1497100214
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use your browsers "find" function (you'll have to use the menu rather than a keyboard shortcut) to search within the transmogrifier window... but options within the tool itself would be much more convenient and intuitive.
I am a long term GM and have lots of content that I share across games. Please improve this functionality. As your platform grows and a GM has multiple games and content this is a very important feature to improve. 
+1 I would be happy just to have items sorted alphabetically within the groupings.
James F. said: Not sure this fits 100% here but I would also be interested in it also having the folders of the campaigns and the functionality to shift the whole folder collectively from one to another, I use the transmog tool a lot and although I love it and im thankful to have it a better functionality to find files among the possibly 100's of items would be a massive help. +1 +1. I use folders for each adventure in my campaign. Then subfolders for handouts and npcs similarly to how purchased wotc adventures are laid out. Being able to use the transmogrifier by folder would save alot of hassle of moving handouts in different games. The functionality already exists... bringing in an addon to the game from wotc adventures as an example.
James F. said: Not sure this fits 100% here but I would also be interested in it also having the folders of the campaigns and the functionality to shift the whole folder collectively from one to another, I use the transmog tool a lot and although I love it and im thankful to have it a better functionality to find files among the possibly 100's of items would be a massive help. +1 Given game copy is broken this would be ideal - and hopefully return functionality that was lost. +1
This is something we definitely need!  +1
Pinging to see if anyone else is interested. 
+1 I have a large library of homebrew monsters which i use in my all campaigns. It's pain in ars to shift all 150 monsters from 1 campaign to another ~.~""  +1
ya what they said!
+1
+1 
+1
Anybody else with votes to spare on board here?
Jen said: Anybody else with votes to spare on board here? Why, do you think it will help? +1
+1
+1 The find works with Chrome.

Edited 1559828428
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The transmogrifier could do with some enhancements. This suggestion and the one to allow copying of folders really need to be implemented imo. If you have a vote and have not voted that one up, do it! Let's make sure we're reaching our full vote potential in both threads!
Thanks for the crosslinks, and agreed!
+1
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Even an alphanumeric sort would help.  And search would be awesome.  I can't tell you much time I've spent search for something in another game through transmogrifier
I upvoted and honestly I think they should allow pro users to create addons for themselves. 
I would kill for something like this to be implemented. The more content you have in your games, the more time-consuming the transmogrifier becomes to use. Being able to move folders would be ideal, but just being able to sort each section alphabetically would make things so much easier.
Now we have alphabetical order, but the order by date is gone. I liked that more.
I am so happy with the new alphabetical order in the transmogrifier... i could dance with joy. An additional filter would be nice, but for now i will just relish this 'most bang for the buck' change.
Huh, it is alphabetical now! Could this be a sign that they're starting to take a look at usability for this interface? I hope so! 
Well, they made it more usable for some, but less usable for others. *shrugs*
Anyone else have an upvote for this? While I'm relieved that the default sort is alphabetical now, we could still use a search. More sort options would be handy, too.