Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map text and Snap to grid

With a token I can set it as a drawing and position it however I want, but I'm finding that text has no such option.  It just snaps to where-ever on the map grid, which is PITA because I can't get the text positioned where I want it.  If I have a tile that is half white and half black, and I want to put black text into the white section or vice-verse, I'm guaranteed that it won't.  The likely result is that I'll have text that, no matter what I do, will cross from one half into the other so that it'll be unreadable no matter what color I chose to make it.  So... is there any way to turn off grid snap for text?

Edited 1444154870
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
i forget which, but you should be able to drag it with +Ctrl or +Alt and set it where you want it.  Edit: Drag +Alt ignores the snap (just tested)

Edited 1444154969
If you hold the Alt key you can adjust the text box as need. -Edit Dah, ninja'ed. I had to double check too :)
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Ed S. said: -Edit Dah, ninja'ed. I had to double check too  woohoo! 
Yay!  Thanks!