Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Support for TrackerJacker?

Since the author of  TrackerJacker has ceased support for his scripts, I wanted to put it out there that I for one would love to see someone take up its cause (i.e., zap its bugs and make a few improvements). Alas, my script-fu is weak...*lights the bat signal* The specific headache I am currently having with this script is that I attempted to embed a url into the title of a couple favorite conditions (by editing their titles, enclosing them in brackets and c/ping the url into parentheses), and, while it works, I am now unable to edit or delete these entries. I have tried deleting the script and importing it anew, but the bug is persistent. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited 1445290130
I'm guessing the script saves the data to the state variable. You could add a var state  = {}; to the beginning of a script and completely wipe it out. That would wipe everything in the state out... so if you have any other scripts that use it... you would lose that information too. I suppose you could write a script to log the state and then try editing it directly to remove the offending entries.
Ok, found this in the tracker jacker script... so you would need to do state.trackerjacker = {}; to wipe out just the TrackerJacker data. It would mean you'd have to re-enter any effects you have though. Otherwise you're going to have to really dig into it via logging and writing specific javascript commands to remove the bad entries. var init = function() { if (!state.trackerjacker) {state.trackerjacker = {};} if (!state.trackerjacker.effects) {state.trackerjacker.effects = {};} if (!state.trackerjacker.statuses)  {state.trackerjacker.statuses = [];} if (!state.trackerjacker.favs) {state.trackerjacker.favs = {};} };
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you want to PM me a join link to your game, and GM me, I can track it down and fix it for you.  It will probably be pretty easy for me to spot and fix it.

Edited 1445293813
@ HoneyBadger -- I don't mind blowing it all up, and that fix seems to have worked -- thanks so much! (and thanks for the offer @The Aaron!) I would still really like to be able to embed urls into the conditions (in either the name or the notes field). Would this be possible and/or easy? Edit: I am able to embed a url in the notes, but this breaks the edit button for that field