Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

turn 1d8+5 into 10d8+50?

I've set up a macro that rolls a variable number of attacks, but I've run into the issue of turning [d8+5] into say, [10d8+50] or whatever. If needed I can just make it roll [d8+5]*  10 or something, but would really love it if it rolled properly. Right now I have  /em launches a volley! /roll [[?{Number of Attacks=|10}d20>[[@{target|AC}-@{selected|att bonus} ]]]]d8  That covers the rolls, but for the flat damage modifier.... I am lost. Is there anything I can do or do I need to just go with 1 roll multiplied?

Edited 1445479829
/r [[?{Number of Attacks=|10}d20>[[@{target|AC}-@{selected|att bonus}]]]]d8+(?{Number of Attacks=}*5) Hmm, but that always gives you 5 times the number of attacks not the number of hits. . There is no way to hold the variable number of hits with out the use of the API. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try: /r [[?{Number of Attacks=|10}d20>[[?{Number of Attacks=}*(@{target|AC}-@{selected|att bonus})]]]]d8+(?{Number of Attacks=}*5)
Okay. Thanks for the help guys. While it seems I cant get it in one, I didnt realize I could set a prompt variable for multiple things, so it does let me split the macro into "attack" and "hit" and work great. Thanks again 
Hi  Brail - since our community has answered your question, I will go ahead and close this thread. Please start a new thread if you have more questions!