Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[online, roll20] [D&D} DM looking for players.

Hello! I am looking for tabletop gamers. Specifically to record a campaign or two. There's a certain energy that takes over when players (and dm's) know that someone may be listening. I miss it, and want to have another game where that energy is present. So to that end i have two campaigns to pitch: The first is a 5e campaign using the variant rules present in the DMG, set in my own world. I have a multi-planet campaign in mind, based entirely around the "Princes of the Apocalypse" module. Not only would it have its own mythology, but would have its own take on magic and would (hopefully) lend itself to more creative uses of magic. The second is a Savage Worlds game based entirely in Faerun, and the Abeir-Toril cosmology. For as much as i like to stretch the D&D system, i feel that stretching a D&D setting could be interesting. Savage Worlds is a system that i feel encourages player-creativity, without penalizing the gm. So if any rules-system were appropriate to Forgotten Realms, i feel like Savage Worlds is it. With either game there are a few stipulations that i would need. First, is the okay to stream to twitch. I don't tend to gather many viewers, but the ones i have are special to me. Second, is your cooperation with recording. I've spent years of my life devoted to audio-production, and feel i mostly have a handle on it. But without your cooperation, it can't reach its potential. So the ability to install a recording program is surprisingly important. Third, is that you be okay with performing. Whatever that means to you. Whatever you find amusing. As long as you're comfortable with making bad jokes and amusing yourself. That's all that matters. If you're the type to hold yourself back from making a bad pun, or the type to make fun of someone else for doing so; you might not be right for this. If you're alright wth making a joke that only you get, then you might just be perfect for this. Whatever level of RP'ing you bring in with you, is the level that i will try to match. If all the characters present have distinct personalities and voices, then so will the NPC's that populate the world. If all you can manage is a third-person description of your character's actions, then that is what the world will be also. While i don't believe in completely playing to the audience, i also want to produce something halfway entertaining. As such i feel as though i should be forthcoming with my intentions without removing your ability to enjoy yourself. If this sounds interesting, i am considering sometime Friday or Saturday night, Central Time-Zone. Though i am open to other time-zones if a consensus can be reached.

Edited 1445662663
i'm in if i can play a custom class that i can provide paperwork on

Edited 1445720579
I'm down for the 5e. Sometimes my jokes are even mediocre. 
I'd be down, depending on the day and time. I've done twitch and i actually play in one game very early sunday mornings. I'm pretty flexible in what I play character wise and I do enjoy RP. Very familiar with roll20 and 5E Hit me up, let's talk times and such :)
Billy Redd said:  i am considering sometime Friday or Saturday night, Central Time-Zone.  This was all I needed to read, really; CST/CDT means I don't gotta worry about time conversions any more (and the Fri/Sat would be a nice way to end a week). Billy Redd said: First, is the okay to stream to twitch. I don't tend to gather many viewers, but the ones i have are special to me. Second, is your cooperation with recording. I've spent years of my life devoted to audio-production, and feel i mostly have a handle on it. But without your cooperation, it can't reach its potential. So the ability to install a recording program is surprisingly important. Third, is that you be okay with performing. Whatever that means to you. Whatever you find amusing. As long as you're comfortable with making bad jokes and amusing yourself. That's all that matters. If you're the type to hold yourself back from making a bad pun, or the type to make fun of someone else for doing so; you might not be right for this. If you're alright wth making a joke that only you get, then you might just be perfect for this. 1 & 3. Yep, stream away. I've made a fool o' meself plenty times over YT and Twitch/Hitbox (the latter will never allow me to forget what I did one night of Kingdom Hearts ; - ; ) and havin more people be made aware of that wont bother me 2. Audition/Audacity revved up and ready to go. I assume this is for us to record our mics and stuff to send off to you for further editing or somethin? I cast my lot into the 5E pool, perhaps the Savage Worlds one as well as I've been interested in playing that for a bit but never quite got around to it.. 
I'd love to join if you are still looking for players for 5e. I'd probably be playing Kahz Al-ala-din, Noble dragonborn cleric, if you dont mind a slightly pompous blueborn dragon milling about with the commoners.
Hey, I'd love to participate, I've got a few character ideas which I could choose on depending on the group, I'd like if you'd hit me up with a pm so we can discuss times. Anyway Thanks for your time!