Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Etiquette and follow-ups

Edited 1445748511
This is an old theme for me, but I will keep asking for the world I want.   It would be just awesome if the lfg system were: 1) More obvious - The existing menus are rather unsexy as a webpage.  They are blocky, seem slow to me, and the language used is unclear or at least not as clear as it could be.  An example is ... who cares that lfg is in the community heading?  What is that, some sort of odd politically correct interface?  Let's see something like Looking for a Game on the main menu.  After all it's the #1 reason people come to the site.  The fact that this ends up being a community is a tertiary or meta concern for most of us. 2) Proactive and simple.  There are really only 2 questions to ask when a person is looking for a game at the highest level.  What is the game system and are you a player or a GM.  That's it!  No involved search engine.  Default to showing those games or asking for the details on the game the Gm wants to GM as the second step.   3) Computers help people supposedly, they do not slow us down or get in the way (or something is wrong).  If a person posts interest in a game or a GM schedules a date for their game, track it.  After some predetermined amount of time email that player or GM back and ask them to confrim loss of interest in the game.  Then send a notification to the others involved if appropriate (and its for sure appropropriate for the GM).  This proactively forces the issue of closure and allows players and GMs to reconsider letting a game or interest lie fallow.  It promotes and pushes activity on the site.
Gold
Forum Champion
To help address #1, there is a prominent light-purple button on the Home page of Roll20, near the top, "Find a Game". Regarding (2), you can use the Search Engine with only the Games drop-down in play. The other fields can be left blank, so it is not necessary to use the advanced search engine fields, they are optional. Thank you for the core suggestions for: Add Looking For Group as a top-level menu selection Ask if LFG searcher wants to be Player or GM Automated email follow-ups for people who expressed interest in joining a game
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .