Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Miserable at Macros

PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Kind ones, hear my plea.... I'm trying to do thing with macros and rollable tables, and the results are clumsy at best.  I suspect this is my own ineptitude, but I couldn't gather what I needed from reading the tutorials and wiki. I want to whisper to the GM the result of a single roll on Table 1 and a single roll on Table 2, and concatenate them. So Table 1 has say Broadside, Middle and Lancaster and Table 2 has Road, Street and Way I'd like the /gmroll to produce "Lancaster Way" or "Middle Street" as a whisper to the GM. I've tried a few different things, all with poor results, so any help would be gratefully received.  One point to note is that I wish to achieve this with a macro, not the API (if at all possible). Second question is how I might go about placing these in an inline roll to produce "The next road is Lancaster Way" as a tell in chat.  What I get at the moment is "SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "/" found."
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
How about /w gm The next road is [[1t[Table1] ]] [[1t[Table2] ]] Just wrap each table in its own inline roll.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Perfect.  Seems so obivious but I assure you I am simply that dimwitted.  Thank you!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We've all got to start somewhere Alan... at least you have talents in other areas that can offset your learning curve ;) Since Diana has answered your question i'll close this thread. Feel free to make a new one if you have other questions.