Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Bug from my player

so we just wanted to play today. when he started roll 20 he said he is only seeing a white image. I told him to refresh, after several trys it worked. he looked at his character and told me its somewhat cut, he cant see his skills and only half of his backstory. we couldnt get that fixed per refresh, so i asked him if he could try using chrome as browser. (used firefox before). chrome didnt worked at all, and didnt load roll 20 (site not found). So we said somehow try to play i can tell you your stats if you need to roll. but after i loaded a new map it was a white picture again for him. So i suggested him writing a bug report. but he couldnt visit the forums page and when i asked him to open Web console. he told me his browser stopped working.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
It sounds like your player would benefit from running some anti-virus scans, as this sounds like a sick computer more than Roll20 bugs. Before we dive into the guts of the issue, we're going to need your player to do a few things for us, things that sometimes fix issues for users before more extensive troubleshooting is needed. Can you direct your player to please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues checklist (confirm he is using the latest non-test version of Firefox or Chrome; turn off all extensions, addons, and anti-virus; and clear the cache) to see if one of those components is causing the problem? We can only help if we can recreate your issue, so it is important that he follows each step. If doing that fixes the issue, just let us know. Otherwise, move on to Step 4 , and we'll need all that information, to further assist him.
he tried it with the latest non-test version of chrome. he also tried to clear his cache. But i think he didnt turned everything off. He told me he would try a system recovery when he sleeps. today we want to try again. i can provide more information later. (in ~14 hours)
i forgot sorry. so he did the system recovery, after that no browsers worked at all, and he couldnt solve it until now. But now were pretty sure its not a roll 20 bug. he will wipe his pc after a friend took a look of it.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sorry to hear about your friend's computer issue. I hope he's up and rolling soon. I'm going to close this bug report as the issue doesn't seem to be Roll20 related. Good luck.