Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Shadow of the Demon Lord] Official SotDL Character Sheet

Edited 1450444673
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Sheet is getting close to being done. Just a teaser screen shot while I was testing with it today. Many thank to Ryan S. for all the work he is doing on this thing! Details on its use and anything special you need to know to use will be coming soon! 12-15-15 Sheet is up and ready to be abused! Let us know what can be done to improve it please! GitHub Link ( here) - This is the preferred location for notes to the designers (Ben H. & Ryan S.) of the sheet. They will be checking this thread also, but noting at GitHub will get to them quicker. Thank you! CURRENT RULES/MACRO THREAD ( here )
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Wow, looks great!
So can we hope, that this will be available soon?
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I am told a version is ready to go, and is either in the cue from github or already hit roll20 - doing research on it today.
Hmm, it's available, but without properly working boon/bane. Also Companion options are missing. But given it's on git, I might try to do something with it. Might.

Edited 1450358899
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
It is, it just popped two days ago. It is designed for core book only at this point, more to come of course.  As for the boons and banes - they do work, but they are not intuitive. I have a better macro for them (see other  thread ) but it relies on a rollable table (to represent a negative d6 (bane)) - so the guys building the sheet are trying to work around that. Currently you have to enter the correct 'total' boons or banes after they cancel each other out, then leave the other option at zero. If you enter a number in both pop up windows it will not be correct. I have also sent these requests to the designers: - use my boon/bane macro - drop down for paths - spell drops downs based on tradition selected - relocate damage roll button and widen weapon section (has some dead space) - widen equipment section (has some dead space) New Request: - Add in Companion info Future Plan: -Second version that takes advantage of API (using Powercards and Ammo scripts)
Ben H.
Sheet Author
I just updated the sheet with the new stuff from the companion. I also updated the rolls to properly use boons and banes (they were calculating in a weird way). So once the devs approve the pull request, it should be good.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Thanks Ben (and Ryan S.) for co-creating, and modifying the sheet! 

Edited 1450410687
Currently the boons/banes for the rolls are calculating incorrectly. The sheet macro adds all the values of the boons or banes together when it should be only using the highest value among them. For example the highest bonus you should be able to get from a boon is a +6 (highest possible die value). It's a very easy fix though using the keep highest command. -edit: I see that it is probably already fixed, thank you.

Edited 1450444323
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
@Howard B. - next pull and it should be good to go. If not please let us know!
Ben H.
Sheet Author
The new pull request with the Demon Lord's Companion content and the update to the boons/banes has just been merged into the GitHub repo. The changes aren't live as of writing this, but they should be live whenever Roll20 pushes out the changes (I assume it happens frequently for character sheets, but I don't actually know).
It can take up to a couple of days.  

Edited 1452654387
Mike
Plus
Compendium Curator
Using the die roller with the character sheet - why does it subtract 10 from the result, or am I using the wrong character sheet? Also, the sheet is large and goes off screen. anyway to compress for ease of use? The sheet is great at tabletop but with a computer that shows documents better with Landscape, it makes it awkward with a portrait orientation.
Ben H.
Sheet Author
The -10 is because we're calculating the attribute modifier on the fly because we didn't make it super smart (although the modifier is stored as the formula anyway, so it wouldn't be much help). So the roll is 1d20 + <Strength or Agility score> - 10 + boons/banes. I have an update (that I haven't pushed out yet because I'm still behind from holiday season) that at least obfuscates that, so the roll becomes 1d20 + [[Strength of Agility modifier after calculation]] + boons/banes. As for your sizing problem, the sheet right now uses hard-coded pixel values for the placement of stuff so it matches the background of the original character sheet provided in the back of the original book. We haven't gotten around to try to make all of that relative, and I'm honestly not sure if it would even be possible to do so. But we could potentially add a different view of the data or something else so that, while the background isn't the official sheet, it would be more resizable. But I don't know when that would be done.
I believe we'll be able to work on a responsive sheet pretty soon. What I'd like to do is create an "Options" tab and add sheet settings like choosing a sheet style. This would be the main use of such a tab, but I'm sure we can think of more options down the road! Both Ben and I are still catching up on post-holiday stuff, but we'll update here when we get any of these implemented.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Info from Tombs of the Desolation book coming soon?
Haven't even looked at it yet... What's added?
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
New ancestories, new traditions, I think that is all that hits the sheet at this point. 
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
remind me again what I need to reference to call an attribute modifier from the sheet into a macro... take a month off and my brain is mush. example /roll 1d20 + (what goes here for STR-MOD) 
Getting a "formula error" when using the Attack Die for a weapon. Anyone else, or just me?
Ben H.
Sheet Author
@DK Heinrich - Sorry about the long absence and the time to update the sheet. I got a new puppy recently, which has eaten up a lot of time. I added the 3 new ancestries and the new magic school to the sheet and am uploading them to the Roll20 repo, so they should be up there with the next sheet update they do. Also, you should be able to use @{Strength_mod} for your macros. The modifier is just attribute_mod every time. @Sherm - What does your weapon line look like? Is it every weapon or just one? Do your Strength and Agility mods have numbers?
Thanks for getting on this Ben!

Edited 1456985258
@Ben H. Hey, Ben - It's with the attack roll of any weapon, whether it uses STR or AGL. I get this: "There was an error with your formula. Please try again." Yes the ability scores have numbers. The damage roll works perfectly fine.
Ben H.
Sheet Author
@Sherm - I found the problem! I somehow committed that the roll is d6k1d6k1 instead of just d6k1. Not sure how I missed that (I promise I test changes before committing them), but it's probably because I was working on various changes all at once. I fixed it in my copy of the sheet and will try and committed as soon as possible. Sorry for the problem!
@Ben H.  Thanks Ben, no worries! Great job on the sheet!
Really cool sheet! You work is appreciated. I'd request a roll makro for the spells. And...the tradition Life is missing in the will-based-traditions.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
what kind of macro for spells? 
Ben H.
Sheet Author
@Nicole G. - Ack! Sorry! It's now in the queue to be added to the sheet. Sorry about that!
Anyone know how long it takes for the new sheet to upload? Also, will it automatically swap for sheets already being used, or would players have to enter their characters all over again?
Ben H.
Sheet Author
@Sherm - I don't really know. I think it's weekly, sorta? And no, you won't need to reenter the data. The sheet is just a displayer for the data, and so swapping the sheet doesn't swap the stats saved to the character. I believe that's true even if you change systems in the same campaign (e.g., change SotDL to Pathfinder); your Pathfinder sheet won't display a lot, but it might display some stuff if the two character sheets are expecting the same data.
@Ben H. Thanks for the info Ben. FYI, as of yesterday (3-11-16) the new sheet had not uploaded.
@Sherm - remember we have no control over when the changed get pulled. This is all up to whenever the Roll20 crew gets to them. They tend to do them in batches; of you check out the main character sheet Github&nbsp;page you can get a decent idea when this happens: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a>
Ben H.
Sheet Author
The changes were just merged into the main branch. I believe they then show up on roll20 within the next day or so, but it may take a bit longer.
@Ben H. Sweet! Thanks for all the hard work on this and keeping us all updated!
Ben H.
Sheet Author
Hey all! I just added an update that changes the Ancestry and Spell Tradition fields to be free-text input, so you can now enter anything you want! This should not break any character sheets (although values are now all lower case by default) UNLESS YOU'VE NEVER MADE A CHOICE FOR THE FIELD (e.g., if your character's Ancestry is Human and you never changed it, the value was never actually saved, so it will be empty after the update). If your Ancestry or Spell Tradition falls into this bucket, I suggest you have players change the fields to some other value and then back; that triggers the save for Roll20, so you won't lose anything. Not sure when it's going out, but this will allow games to have custom content or use the expansion books as soon as they are released without any input from us. Happy rolling!
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Thanks for the update and the work sir!