Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Macros (New Header Image functions?)

Howdy. I seem to be having an exceptionally hard time getting these new header images to function in my macros. Using the default test on the character sheet it'll run just fine, but when I add any of the header syntax to my custom macros it pitches a fit at me and returns the following... Error: No character was found for 'header_image-pf_attack-melee' The macro I have set up is as follows. Any insight on how to make this fussy little thing operate would be much appreciated. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{Leslie Hopkins|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{Leslie Hopkins|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{Leslie Hopkins|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{Leslie Hopkins|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}}

Edited 1447439415
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try {{header_image=@{Leslie Hopkins|header_image-pf_attack-melee}}}

Edited 1447450988
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Swole Patrol said: Howdy. I seem to be having an exceptionally hard time getting these new header images to function in my macros. Using the default test on the character sheet it'll run just fine, but when I add any of the header syntax to my custom macros it pitches a fit at me and returns the following... Error: No character was found for 'header_image-pf_attack-melee' The macro I have set up is as follows. Any insight on how to make this fussy little thing operate would be much appreciated. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{Leslie Hopkins|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{Leslie Hopkins|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{Leslie Hopkins|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{Leslie Hopkins|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} needs another " } " {{ header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee} }} and Silvyre is correct in that you may have to be more specific in how you call your attribute. Also. don't forget to toggle your images on the Configuration tab of the sheet.  Cheers try this: &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}}
Vince said: Swole Patrol said: Howdy. I seem to be having an exceptionally hard time getting these new header images to function in my macros. Using the default test on the character sheet it'll run just fine, but when I add any of the header syntax to my custom macros it pitches a fit at me and returns the following... Error: No character was found for 'header_image-pf_attack-melee' The macro I have set up is as follows. Any insight on how to make this fussy little thing operate would be much appreciated. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{Leslie Hopkins|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{Leslie Hopkins|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{Leslie Hopkins|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{Leslie Hopkins|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{Leslie Hopkins|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} needs another " } " {{ header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee} }} and Silvyre is correct in that you may have to be more specific in how you call your attribute. Also. don't forget to toggle your images on the Configuration tab of the sheet.  Cheers try this: &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs>19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} So, I tried using the macro both you showed me and I also attempted to simply add {{ header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee} }} to my current macro. No character was found for 'selected.' For the macro you offered, Vince. The addition of the new brace on the header_image also returned the same error as before.

Edited 1447476240
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Silly question. &nbsp;Are you selecting a token that is linked to your character sheet? &nbsp;Quick test, SHIFT+double-click on your token, does it open your sheet? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Represents_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Represents_</a>...
Vince said: Silly question. &nbsp;Are you selecting a token that is linked to your character sheet? &nbsp;Quick test, SHIFT+double-click on your token, does it open your sheet? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Represents_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Represents_</a>... It opened that small menu (character version). I'll ask my GM now and see if he did.

Edited 1447635242
S
Pro
Vince said: Silly question. &nbsp;Are you selecting a token that is linked to your character sheet? &nbsp;Quick test, SHIFT+double-click on your token, does it open your sheet? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Represents_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Represents_</a>... UPDATE! Yes, it is linked and it still returns the same error. Error: No character was found for 'header_image-pf_attack-melee'
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Strange. The only way I can reproduce your error is when I remove &nbsp;the "represents" link from a token. &nbsp;Curious, is this a token/ability macro or a global macro added from the sidebar? &nbsp;Do the other sheet rolls show the header image if enabled? &nbsp;Other than the Configuration tab. &nbsp;Thanks
Vince said: Strange. The only way I can reproduce your error is when I remove &nbsp;the "represents" link from a token. &nbsp;Curious, is this a token/ability macro or a global macro added from the sidebar? &nbsp;Do the other sheet rolls show the header image if enabled? &nbsp;Other than the Configuration tab. &nbsp;Thanks Answering this in the order it was asked... here we go. Global Macro added from the sidebar. Yes, even custom icons. And yes, we had a game today where I was rolling skills and saves off the sheet and they were working beautifully.

Edited 1447643935
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I appreciate your patience with me. &nbsp;:-) &nbsp;Of course I have a vested interest in your problem. You can try deleting any attributes for header_images on the Attributes & Abilities tab, specifically " header_image-pf_attack-melee" . &nbsp;Then open the Configuration Tab on the sheet and select "Default" to recreate the header image link attributes. &nbsp; Other than that... I'm not sure what to try. &nbsp; As a test I just created a global macro: &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} selected a token linked to a sheet., and It works fine. If I change the token's settings Represents&nbsp;Character to none/generic, save and run the above macro, I get "No character was found for 'selected'" error. UPDATE : Also, I just noticed an extra } on your macro up top "{{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}} } " &nbsp;not sure if you are still using that macro.

Edited 1447649873
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Swole Patrol, if I use your macro from the top. (I only changed @{Leslie Hopkins to @{selected| and left the missing " } " and the extra " } " and did not include @{selected on the header_image) &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} I get your exact error. However, if I fix those issues in your macro it works. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}}
Vince said: Swole Patrol, if I use your macro from the top. (I only changed @{Leslie Hopkins to @{selected| and left the missing " } " and the extra " } " and did not include @{selected on the header_image) &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} I get your exact error. However, if I fix those issues in your macro it works. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} Alright, I'll give these a whirl and scour my other macros to see if I made any similar mistakes then report back!
UPDATE Eureka! Houston, we have lift-off. I appreciate your help, Vince. Out of curiosity, is it possible to have a different custom header image per macro? For example, let's say I have a custom header image using a sword, so I have a sword icon used as it, but let's also say I use a greataxe, and I want to have a greataxe icon for when I use it - is that a thing we can do? If so, how? I learn a lot better by example, would you mind showing me an example of how this would work?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cool beans. &nbsp;It's usually a simple matter once you find the solution. &nbsp;;-) From the&nbsp; Pathfinder Character Sheet Guide on the wiki You may also substitute an image directly into the header as well for a custom macro. ie {{header_image=[name](<a href="http://www.url.com" rel="nofollow">www.url.com</a>)}} So you could do something like &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=[sword]( <a href="http://4put.ru/pictures/max/1098/3375498.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://4put.ru/pictures/max/1098/3375498.jpg</a> )}} {{character_name=Leslie Hopkins}} {{name=Bastard Sword}} {{Bastard Sword Attack=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Damage=[[?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Confirm=[[1d20cs&gt;19 + (@{selected|attk-melee} + 1 + ?{Power Attack Penalty|0} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Hit Mods|0})]]}} {{Bastard Sword Crit Damage=[[(?{Giant's Stance|2d8} + ((@{selected|str-mod}) + 1 + ?{Power Attack Bonus|4} + ?{Insightful Strike?|@{selected|cha-mod}} + ?{Dam Mods|0}))]]}} Keep in mind that the header image should be small, say under 50px. &nbsp;You can also use the newly added {{subtitle}} key if you wanted larger images in the header. &nbsp;ex.&nbsp; {{subtitle=[sword](<a href="http://4put.ru/pictures/max/1098/3375498.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://4put.ru/pictures/max/1098/3375498.jpg</a>)}} Have fun.