Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SR 5] Alternative: Wandlers Charactersheet

Edited 1447966588
I am working on my own version of a shadowrun 5 charactersheet for some time already and beside I have read the part about "Don't duplicate" work I think this sheet could be a worthy alternative. It follows such a different design approach that it is not really compareable to the shadowrun 5 character sheet currently used. And while I do appreciate the work of the previous authors, I still would like to share the current progress and gather some feedback what people would be missing: I am aware this is an english community so the first thing the sheet would require is some sort of i18n, but in case there are enough shadowrun 5 players which are interested here that would be something worthy to add. The sheet is not complete yet as I have not focused on getting it ready for the broad mass but to add the really neat stuff. The sheet simply has some functionality which goes way over what the current sheet is capable of doing and there is no way to add all of this to the current Shadowrun 5 sheet. The original preview had been:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2120609/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2120609/slug%7D</a> and the sheet has developed from back then. With the introduction of sheet-workers I think I can move all the functionality which require scripts to sheet-workers and this would make the sheet available for non-mentors as well, this is the reason I make this new post. What I want to know is: Are there enough shadowrun 5 players interested? General Walkthrough (Click the image for a gif preview!) The general overview. The sheet is grouped into several tabs depending on your character class. The matrix and technomancer tabs are not there at the moment because there exists an amazing android app for matrix, but to have the sheet on roll20 this is one thing which is required to add. The current Shadowrun 5 sheet does not have any functionality for those areas yet either. Attributes and Edge (Click the image for a gif preview!) Each roll in the sheet uses a template and the sheet is able to track edge points as shown and also display the change. The whole template design was chosen to be slick and clean and not to be cyberpunky as I do value a good overview way over style. The current direction the sheet is going is to have it even cleaner. The edge feature currently is only possible for users with API access as it does use !ammo but as soon as we get sheet-workers, this will likely easily be possible with sheet workers. This and many other cool automizations. Autocalculation of attributes (Click the image for a gif preview!) The sheet does several autocalculations like limits and base initiative. Some possible automatizations like the movement rate have been left out on intention to not need any extra "mod" field there. Character movement (Click the image for a gif preview!) The sheet is able to track walking, running and sprinting. Currently this are API features using !ammo but soon this will be available for anyone by the use of sheet workers. Carry and Lift (Click the image for a gif preview!) As for the walking, running and sprinting the sheet is able to handle carry,lift and lift over head. Condition Monitor (Click the image for a gif preview!) The condition monitor is able to handle not only tracking, wound modifier, wound tolerance, ignore damage but also overflow from stun to physical to overflow monitor. And it can apply those values to a selected token. All of those features are currently API !ammo features but will then be implemented with sheet workers. Weapons (Ranged and Melee) (Click the image for a gif preview!) The combat part is not only able to format all weapons values into a neat roll template it does also handle recoil, wound modifier and ammunation. Ammunation and recoil currently are API !ammo features but will be implemented with sheet workers. Defense and Color Coding (Click the image for a gif preview!) The defense rolls do work like all other rolls in a very tight and clean box. The color of each box instantly tells you what type of roll is this. Was this an attribute, a skill, an item, a ranged attack, a melee attack? Drain, Spells, Spell Rules (Click the image for a gif preview!) The sheet is able to handle drain, spells, DRAM and does show you the spell text, rules. It does not only tell you the drain of a spell based on a specific force it does also roll the drain resistance test and does show you how much drain you effectively take. Alchemy (Click the image for a gif preview!) One of the most tedious tasks in shadowrun is alchemy. The sheet not only does autocalculate the increased drain, it does also the drain resistance test, tells you how much drain damage you take, shows you the spell text and does even do the potency roll against your spell roll such that you get the effective potency. All with 2 clicks and a given force. For the spell values and text it does use the same pseudo characters as the spells (see the last preview). Spirits, Attributes, Skills and Spirit Powers (Click the image for a gif preview!) Spirits are another tedious tasks. They have force dependant attributes a long list of skills, powers, weaknesses and all of this depends on the type. By the use of pseudo characters as for spells the sheet does all that calculation for you! Skills and Knowledge Skills (Click the image for a gif preview!) Of course the sheet is able to handle skills and knowledge skills Items and Stuff (Click the image for a gif preview!) It does contain a section for items and stuff which can be marked as active (e.g. carried, in use) Social (Click the image for a gif preview!) The sheet contains a section for contacts and buttons to "contact them" or to beg the GM ("I want this item!!!") and calculate the price of an item based on the additional dice, amount and base price. You can also add notes to each connection. Notes (Click the image for a gif preview!) For all the stuff I currently lack a own site, feature and co I use the "notes".
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I can already tell that this project has the potential to grow to become a very large contribution to Shadowrunning on Roll20. You can count this SR5 player as extremely interested! I'm thrilled to see and hear that the sheet is dabbling in the latest and greatest mechanical offerings of Roll20 (e.g. the sheet workers) and can't wait to see them all fully integrated down the road. Kudos to you, Wandler (and The Aaron) for all of your hard work and evident accomplishment! Also, if you'd like some help with testing or English translation, I'd be more than happy to help out.
Very Cool. I'd love to see some English and some Matrix stuff. The way i handle spirits uses the !ammo script. Basically i made charsheets for all the spirit types and then set all their attributes as [[@{force} +/- (spirit type attribute modifier)]] and then use !ammo to set their Force.
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Very interested!

Edited 1448013096
Thanks for the kind words! As I am a bit of a slow sheet dev here on roll20 it will take some time until I have seen how others used the sheet workers but from what I have seen they should be able to completly replace the !ammo script. The way i handle spirits uses the !ammo script. Basically i made charsheets for all the spirit types and then set all their attributes as [[@{force} +/- (spirit type attribute modifier)]] and then use !ammo to set their Force. The reason I did not do this was that I wanted to have ALL information about spirits in there as well as ALL the information about the spells and the information about the powers. Beside hardcoding the complete texts into the sheet, which is for non-free roleplaying systems like shadowrun something against the rules of the roll20 sheet, I have not seen any other solution which could do that without either hardcoding the information in hidden fields in the sheet or inside of a script.&nbsp;As my prior interaction for a fan-project with CGL had been pretty saddening I am not even going to waste my time on writing a mail and ask them if they allow me to include the rules inside of the sheet and rather will just try to find a way to build the sheet around them. I am happy if someone on roll20 finds a better solution because adding the rules this way is ... annoying at best :) English and some Matrix stuff. I think this will be the next focus. It is likely that it will be a long time until Datatrails is implemented (Deep Runs, AIs, etc.) but the basic shadowrun matrix rules will be the focus after sheet workers are available. I really don't want to invest work into clever usage of !ammo scripts anymore and will just wait for the update (I am building my sheet directly on production as I consider it to tedious to test 2 versions, where an error could be the result of an update instead of something stupid I did.)

Edited 1448052987
The reason I did not do this was that I wanted to have ALL information about spirits in there as well as ALL the information about the spells and the information about the powers. Beside hardcoding the complete texts into the sheet, which is for non-free roleplaying systems like shadowrun something against the rules of the roll20 sheet, I have not seen any other solution which could do that without either hardcoding the information in hidden fields in the sheet or inside of a script. As my prior interaction for a fan-project with CGL had been pretty saddening I am not even going to waste my time on writing a mail and ask them if they allow me to include the rules inside of the sheet and rather will just try to find a way to build the sheet around them. I am happy if someone on roll20 finds a better solution because adding the rules this way is ... annoying at best :) Realistically, a character sheet should be just that, a sheet that tracks the stuff for your character and facilitates gameplay. It shouldn't do everything or contain all of the rules because this negates the need for rulebooks. I do freelance writing for CGL (most recently on Data Trails), and i really don't want to see this happen(though i'm obviously biased). I've written a lot of macros that have hardcoded values for the rules and lines that are copy/pasted from rules books, but i won't ever make that stuff public because it would put me out of work. People who have lots of snippets from (purchased) rulebooks included in their own macros are fine, but that's because they bought the books and use the macros with that info for their own games. I'm all for making a character sheet that takes advantages of sheet workers to allow for better/easier/faster macro construction/execution, but i really don't think the sheets should contain EVERYTHING. Just an insider's perspective. I cannot and do not speak for CGL as a whole, nor do i think that your desire to make the game easier to play is wrong. I just agree with the Roll20 policy about this type of thing; it's safer for the site as a whole and it encourages people to support the games they want to play. I'd love to work with you to try and find some sort of compromise that gains more functionality without overstepping usage policies if you're interested, though my JS skills are not very high level.

Edited 1448057794
Realistically, a character sheet should be just that, a sheet that tracks the stuff for your character and facilitates gameplay. It shouldn't do everything or contain all of the rules because this negates the need for rulebooks. I can not say that I agree totally with you. You do need a shadowrun rulebook even if all spells, weaknesses, powers would be included. I don't believe anyone has memorized all those things completly, which often vary only very slightly (drain/aoe/etc) or even contain their sub rules and sub tables (e.g. mind probe). Between doing everything and making a rule book obsolete and beeing just a blank sheet of paper there is a pretty huge range and a sheet should definetly be able to do all calculations and using a spell is way easier when all player get a reminder "This is how it works." I think the goal of a sheet is to hide as much of the system and such that players have as much time as possible to play the actual game. and i really don't want to see this happen Could you explain what you mean? I think I pretty exactly stated that I am not going to add the whole stuff into macros or scripts but to give the players a way to copy paste the rules they need into roll20 characters such that the sheet can reference them. That is gladly out of the scope of any company. Maybe I just misunderstood you or my sentence above was misleading. I'd love to work with you to try and find some sort of compromise that gains more functionality without overstepping usage policies if you're interested, though my JS skills are not very high level. I would appreciate your help very much, my JS skills are at pretty much zero :) But as I have written above, I must warn you, I am a slow sheet developer, which means this will be more of a week-to-week communication or something like that. I just started this for my own group and it had grown and grown over time. At the moment I think we should still wait for the sheet-workers, I really have a lot of hopes about them. Very kind of you to offer your help!